Drill Doctor, Does it work or is it junk?

I have the one that will sharpen up to 3/4" bits. I like it. It takes a little getting used to at first, but once you figure out the little tricks it only takes seconds to sharpen bits. Most of my initial problems were more than likely operator error than the machine's fault. A set of sharp drill bits is one of the most important tools in the box.

I have the one that will sharpen up to 3/4" bits. I like it. It takes a little getting used to at first, but once you figure out the little tricks it only takes seconds to sharpen bits. Most of my initial problems were more than likely operator error than the machine's fault. A set of sharp drill bits is one of the most important tools in the box.
Which one do you have?
The ones i am looking at (drill doctor) only cut up to 1/2 inch bits

Which one do you have?
The ones i am looking at (drill doctor) only cut up to 1/2 inch bits

They work! As posted there's a learning curve, gotta have some hinky wrist motion... The DD unit is the same, the cheaper one has a 1/2" mandrel while the expensive one does up to 3/4". You can buy the bigger mandrel later if you find you need it.

A must for the crappy drill bits being manufactured these days. If you can source a decent drill bit there's no need for it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It's all about the clearance you put on it, don't be afraid to play with it a little lol, there has been one at my shop for years ...unused, just because by the time for sharpening there's 100+ drills to be done , they end up just sending the common ones out to be sharpened... Mike