Drag Strip? Meet-up? I'm in Central Va

turbo2nr

Anyone going to VMP Drag, or Budds Creek MD, or Richmond strip this Spring?

In the mood to get together May/June/July somewhere?

Has anyone seen a guy named Bobby Mason around recently?

What about a Vet Doc names Alan, from Roanoke?

Scott Hudson, from Richmond...

I am hr from VMP in Surry County. Not a lot of activity round here. I saw Bobby over the Holidays, himself and Peterkin came out and bought one of my cars.

Hi Steve,

What holidays? You mean Winter-time Christmas/New Years?

There are a lot of holidays, you know? LOL

Good to hear they are still playing around!

Maybe I'll try to find them this spring/summer?

I never see turbo regals in Richmond anymore.

Not One. Fine with me....I prefer not to have the kids know anything about Buicks.

Love the look of shock on their face in my rear view when an old Buick hands it to'em.

I will probably hit a few 1/8th mile runs at VMP very soon, and then One glorious 1/4 mile before I get kicked off the track. ?

No cage, and car has been constant 10.0 on street tires by previous owner.

Hi Steve,

What holidays? You mean Winter-time Christmas/New Years?

There are a lot of holidays, you know? LOL

Good to hear they are still playing around!

Maybe I'll try to find them this spring/summer?

I never see turbo regals in Richmond anymore.

Not One. Fine with me....I prefer not to have the kids know anything about Buicks.

Love the look of shock on their face in my rear view when an old Buick hands it to'em.

I will probably hit a few 1/8th mile runs at VMP very soon, and then One glorious 1/4 mile before I get kicked off the track. ?

No cage, and car has been constant 10.0 on street tires by previous owner.
Christmas holidays.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Oh my goodness...welcome back Scott. Godfrey told me to take a peek on here and that I'd be surprised. I'm glad to hear that you're back in the game again.

Hit me at jrrmason@verizon.net and we'll get together and do something real soon. With my youngest son playing AAU ball, we're gone most weekends so a rental has been on my mind for a few weeks now. It may be time to do something, especially since you're adopting a new dependent. :)

-Bobby

Hello Mr. Mason!

I'm glad to see you still have a Buick or two! I was hoping you would.
I'll be glad to pay for half the rental, just find a few people to pay for other half.
I don't have a cage in the car, and likely will dip into the 9s if I use some slicks and really try, according to previous owner?
Rental would be great One day soon! Does Bryan have anything running? Or all just garage queens? LOL
Avon still playing around with Buicks? You guys are all nuts and have great knowledge with these cars.
Look forward to seeing you sometime this year for sure!

Ever seen that guy Alan with the clean cars from Roanoke?

Do you know my wife's maiden name was Mason, and my oldest son (22yrs) is named Mason?
Other son is almost driving and we three want to play with some turbo power! LOL
Youngest son has a Subaru STi to beat on, and we are shopping for a second turbo Regal at the moment for Mason.

You had a kid at Benedictine? Was that correct? I think I remember that?

Scotty

Keep this thread alive and post up when you go to the track and I will bring one of my POS's if I can. Like to meet some buick guys.

Let's do it soon!

I'll pay for the track, and make-up some reasonable price for anyone who want's in.

??

MIR? VMP? I really don't care where.

I really want to see Alan running again! Nice guy.

He is North of me and I would think MIR is closer.

Need some more Maryland/DC/Pennsylvania guys to join then if this is where we are?

Scott

804-285-0777 during the work week.

Vmp is a killer track....I love it. That where I ran my 9.96

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Now that you mention Alan Witter having a White T, I remember when I worked at Quantico and I used to drive back roads to get home, I saw a White T off of 610. It looked and sounded pretty aggressive. I've also seen it parked in a garage. That may have been him, but that was in Nokesville, VA not Fredericksburg. I had never seen the car before, and I haven't seen it since that time. He may have moved to Fredericksburg since then. If he's still in Nokesville, he's really close to where I live.

No, you have seen him and his cars before.

Alan came to some of the MIR track rentals years ago.
Had a very very nice White T street car, and a wicked FAST Race car. Back-halfed car.
BIG trailer! Quite the set-up!

Hey guys I have The famous, Cal Hartline coming to Richmond Wendsday, June 25th.
Anyone need his services while he is here?
I have him the whole day doing street-tuning, training, and then to the dyno in afternoon.
but anyone else can contact him for the day before or after, or to hang-out with us?

Scott
804-285-0777

Last edited:

Had a very very nice White T street car, and a wicked FAST Race car. Back-halfed car.

Hey guys I have The famous, Cal Hartline coming to Richmond Wendsday, May 25th.
I have him the whole day doing street-tuning, training, and then to the dyno in afternoon.
but anyone else can contact him for the day before or after, or to hang-out with us?

Scott
804-285-0777

May 25........next year....

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

As far as a rental goes, it depends on when I get the time to get my motor in the car. It's in the air waiting for converter bolts, motor mounts, and bell housing bolts to be removed. I just need to find the time.

Hey guys I have The famous, Cal Hartline coming to Richmond Wendsday, June 25th.

Scott
804-285-0777

You are right Scott. I remember Alan now. Really nice guy! Sheesh it's been a while.

Nope....?

Youtube works I guess...?

Below is not really the version I wanted to post...this is early beta-version that kinda sucks..?

Sorry for messing up this thread! LOL I had a beer.

Last edited: