Downsides going to 120 lber's?

SpeeednV6

I figure going with double pumper and stock fuel lines for now. 2nd pump will come on later (15psi boost). I have seen many use 72's, 90 something's, etc. I figure go 120's and be done with it. Any downsides? Or which injector size to max out my TE-66? 10.5's or a little quicker is my goal.

Do you plan on modifying your stock fuel lines?

Would be interested to hear opinions if this is necessary.

Suggested by another member in this thread:
http://turbobuick.com/forums/thread...e-fuel-system-pics.373785/page-2#post-2991149

Okay guys I have some interesting info for those wanting to keep the stock fuel lines and still run a higher flow pump. I was stuck at 58psi after the pump swap. After discussing cutting off the Saginaw fitting with Kip, and he knowing I wanted to be able to go back stock. Kip suggested opening up the fitting with a drill bit. So the fitting by the reg was 5/32 to 7/32. On the frame line from a 3/32 to 5/32. The bottom of the rubber fuel line, that connects to the frame line 7/32 to 1/4. Kip said little changes will make for some BIG changes and man was he right. Psi dropped to 37psi! Just throwing that info out there in case wanted to stay more stocking or needing to save some $$$. Thanks again Kip ;)

If you have the car tuned properly you shouldn't have any issues with bosch 120 injectors at all.

You don't need an injector that big with a 66mm turbo unless you are planning on running E-85. Since you're running alcohol injection in addition to your 60lb injectors you should be fine with what you have. If you decide to step up 72's or 83's would work well. The new 80 lb injectors that are available are high impedance and will work with you stock ECM without having to modify the drivers.

Neal

You don't need an injector that big with a 66mm turbo unless you are planning on running E-85. Since you're running alcohol injection in addition to your 60lb injectors you should be fine with what you have. If you decide to step up 72's or 83's would work well. The new 80 lb injectors that are available are high impedance and will work with you stock ECM without having to modify the drivers.

Neal

That's exactly why he wants to switch, he's going e85

If you're switching to E-85 and have the tune or chip with the right injector driver 120's have pretty much been the go-to size in countless successful builds.