Door skins

rkreigh

what is the best source for replacement door skins (or good rust free doors). I'm restoring my 87 buick. my doors seem to be rusting from the inside out, haven't pulled the door panels yet, but I'm betting they doors are ready to rust out.

might also want a FG hood (minor dents, usual places) and a FG bolt on tunk lid, looking for feedback/sources on replacement FG and steel body parts.

thanks!!!

hey, good luck (lol) do you know were i can get some rear qaurter panels?? thanks good luck on your findings

No replacement skins available anymore...

I've got a 87 Turbo Regal I will probably be parting out very soon...absolutely RUST FREE and I'm in Illinois...very rare (to find rust free parts) I'll have doors and the 1/4s...perfect condition.

Keep an eye out in the "for sale" section. We're going to try and sell it whole first, but if that doesn't go, it'll be completely parted.

Turbo boy...where are you at in Il? I'm in Springfield...

yeah, it's a shame no one makes them anymore, in my extensive searching I did come up with these http://www.shermanparts.com/store.shtml go to this site, click online store, than General motors, and then the Regal 81-87, they have the lower door skins for our cars, just the bottom part, I dont know if this will help you guys out or not, I thought it was interesting, give it a few more years and someone will make the skins.......

thanks!! my outer panels haven't rusted through yet so I may just disassemble the doors and have them dipped and fix them.

I have also considered the FG doors but since this is a street car it's best not to ditch the safety beams. I have thought about drilling LOTS of holes to get the doors a bit lighter, they are pretty heavy.

I will check with Jack on the FG stuff. I also saw the Unlimited Products hoods which are a cowl induction setup that looks pretty cool and a priced well.

any tips on the FG stuff. I have already gone with the FG front and rear bumper, alum stuff, and trying to take as much weight off the car as I can and still keep it viable for the street.

I'm curious how much weight the FG hood and trunk lid would save, pretty expensive stuff to replace, and my existing hood and trunk I think will fix OK, just minor dents in the hood.

If you do a search in the parts for sale section under doors, you'll find some for sale by TinysTurboPerf under the title rust free doors. I believe he may have a set or two left. They're not mint but they are rust free.

A-1 Rustfree Autobody

Arlington Heights, IL

1-800-300-1398

they truck the stuff up from Arizona a few times each month. place an order and they go get it for ya.