Door Rattle Gurus

GNasty

When I drive over bumps, I'm hearing a lot of noise coming from the door striker area. I bought new GM strikers and the backing plate from Kirbans, but have not put them on yet. Isn't the latch inside the door subject to wear, just like the strikers? The doors close fine, and I don't feel any excess play in the door hinges.

Is there anything else I need to look at when I replace the strikers? Any tips, etc?

Thanks

I put new strikers on, and the backing plate from Kirban's. I followed the instructions that came with the Kirban's backing plate. It took me a few tries to get the door to close nice and tight, by moving the striker around, but what a difference, now. The doors are very quiet going over bumps now. I couldn't believe how much thicker the new strikers were, compared to the old ones I took off. I'm not sure if there was that much wear on the originals, or the replacements were a little thicker?

I see. I had the same problem. Just moved my striker in and up a touch. Will see how this goes. (if it will EVER stop raining) If it doesn't work, I'll try those thicker strikers as well.