Door Glass Experts: ID this piece, please...

Sal 87WE2

--NONE--
On my drivers side door this plastic piece is broken and the window is loose when all the way up. Can i replace it without replacing the entire glass and what is it called? Thanks in advance.

Please see pic:

Attachments

• Window.jpg
    Window.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 248
I'm not sure of the technical term.. It's a stop, guide lock when the window is in the up position. I believe ther riveted on, so, you should be able to replace it. if you can find one, maybe used?? Hope this helps. Phil.

The part is included in Kirban's Anti-Rattle kit. You can take it to a glass shop and let them rivet it on for you. (Takes like a 1/4" - 5/16" rivet for use with the Brute rivet gun)

I replaced mine last week. I got a buddy in the auto glass business. It wasn't bad for him to do, but if you've never tackled anything like this before, let a pro do it. All it takes is one slip of the drill and you got to replace your window. I'd take it to a glass shop, they wouldn't charge very much to drill the rivets out and rivet the new piece in and they could adjust your window so it fits right because when I tried it, it was a PITA... Just my opinion :D

The kit I got from kirban that piece is now black and they ship with screws. I wasn't comfortable with that method of fastening and riveted it. I've got a post where I cross reference the makers rivet numbers fyi.

i did not use the screws, i used small bolts,nuts & lock washers so it would not come loose.

On my drivers side door this plastic piece is broken and the window is loose when all the way up. Can i replace it without replacing the entire glass and what is it called? Thanks in advance.

Please see pic:

GBodyParts.com Online
We call them window guides Sal. If you use screws or bolts to re-attach them we normally insulate them with electrical tape.

**Update**

I replaced the drivers side window stop/guide (thanks Brian!) yesterday and it was cake. Since the window was out of the door i figured it would be easier to do the lift motor so i did and it was.

For the stop/guide I used a angle grinder to grind down the rivets and then drilled through the rivets. It seemed easier this way. I then used bolts, lock washers, and nuts to re-attach.

Thanks for all the help and replies!