Dome Light Variations

turbo39151

anycoloraslongasitsblack
I'm wondering if I'm delusional but I was thinking that there were 3 variations of the dome lights.

1. Round standard light
2. Intermediate (rectangular)
3. Intermediate with map lights at either side

I have pics of 1 and 3 but cannot find number 2. Maybe I'm loosing my mind or just imagined it... If anyone can confirm with a pic and ideally maybe even the rpo codes for each that would be great... I'm going to try and find it all now but I've been thinking about it for a while and figured I'd better post now while it occured to me...

i was just talking about this last night because i've never seen the standard round dome light.. all my cars either were t-tops or atleast had a single map light. no you arent delusional, option #2 does exist and was probably the majority of dome lights in oldsmobiles... infact i've never seen the round dome in a 2 door olds..

I took some pics of the ones I have. I'll see if I can post the pics when I get home... I was hoping that if there is a #2 unit that someone could post a pic so that I can use it for reference.

it was used in b-bodys too. the front half is the white plastic lense, the back half is chrome with a clear window cut out for the map light and a black on-off switch.

I'm a slacker... Forgot to post pics earlier... Here's what I have:

Does anyone have a pci of what I'm looking for?

Attachments

• Richards Blue TTYpe 202.jpg
    Richards Blue TTYpe 202.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 174
  • Richards Blue TTYpe 203.jpg
    Richards Blue TTYpe 203.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 187
Does no one have a pic of what I'm looking for or am I just imagining that there is another variation of the dome light... I swear that there is but cannot for the life of me find a pic or any proof.

If you've got a pic please post up.