Does TA headers need to be removed ....

3.8vsix

I am needing to replace my upper control arm bushings and I was told by a local mechanic that I would have to remove my headers to get the upper control arm off. Any one have any experience with this? Thanks for any help!!

There seems to be plenty of room to remove the control arm on mine.

Didn't have to remove my ATR headers when I did mine. No idea why he would say that. Plenty of room

The mechanic probably didn't reallize you can remove the bolts. They are pressed into the frame. There is a knurl at the base of the head on the bolts. You have to remove the nuts first then press the bolts out.

You do NOT need to remove the header. Did mine without removing anything, maybe he is looking for more $$$

If you are replacing the upper arm bushings you do not need to remove the headers or the control arm.

Are there no more real mechanics left in this world, just "tech" guys that change parts and do stuff the hard or expensive way? :confused:

Can confirm. Just replaced my control arms over the weekend and didn't have to touch my TA headers. As Nick stated above, if you are just replacing the bushings, the control arm shouldn't even have to come out.

Thanks guys for your help!! I think he was wanting more money. I am going to do it myself.

I put new uppers on mine the weekend before last and it wasn't bad at all. Didn't have to remove anything else to do it. I am curious, though, how do you replace the bushings without even taking the arms off the car? o_O

Signed,

The Suedo 'Parts Replacing' Mechanic :ROFLMAO:

I put new uppers on mine the weekend before last and it wasn't bad at all. Didn't have to remove anything else to do it. I am curious, though, how do you replace the bushings without even taking the arms off the car? o_O

Signed,

You don't, I replace everything.

:p

Signed,

Air hammer and sockets, a lot easier with the engine out too...lol....

Signed the "tech" guy who just replaces parts and does everything the hard and expensive way.:p