Does LS1 MAF + Translator require new ROM for mostly stock?

johnsmallberries

It looks like my stock MAF finally died so I am going to buy the LS1+translator. For a mostly stock GN, is it necessary to change the ROM, or will it work with the existing chip? I have seen some comments about using it with performance chips.

Also, I do have a ROM programmer and can burn my own chips. Currently the only thing I did was to change the fan temp because I have a low temp thermostat and the TCC lockup. Is there anything I can reprogram myself in the stock ROM to take advantage of a translator? I hunted around and didn't see anything obvious.

Thanks.

The LS1 MAF sensor and translator is just a more accurate and reliable way to read the airflow. There's not need to reprogram the chip.
The turbo tweak 5.7 chip is user tunable with a scanmaster.
You can change timing and fuel.
As far as the other stuff, I don't know.

It will work fine with any chip but to take full advantage of the translator, you need a extender or extender extreme chip.

Thanks. I was wondering if there was a resource online that detailed what changes in the ROM are necessary to use the full 768 gr/sec from the translator instead of the stock 255gr/sec, since I can just burn a new ROM myself.

No change needed. That's why it's called a ''Translator''. The ECM has no idea you won't be running a factory garbage style MAF.

Right I understand that I don't have to change the stock ROM, but was wondering if I can burn a new ROM to take advantage of the higher precision. Similar to how we can change the fan temp turnon and TCC lockup speed, I was wondering if there are any instructions about how to modify the "stock" ROM, by reburning it, to use the full 768 gr/sec preceision.