doe's it work! Power plate

278cikiller

Doe's the power plate really work on a 109 motor or a stage II motor. Let see some input thank's.

Doe's the power plate really work on a 109 motor or a stage II motor. Let see some input thank's.
There have been numerous threads on this subject but I'll just say that I don't believe in it. (n) I know it's supposed to equalize the quantities of air in each cylinder BUT it does so by restricting the incoming air in some of them and not by improving the flow. :rolleyes:
Also, I'm running a Keith Mease - made sheet metal intake manifold & plenum so I don't need one.

Claude. ;)

Last edited:
i dont run one but i run an oddball plenum , a Mease sheetmetal plenum ,its open without his own design distribution plate . I dont know of another running the same plenum hard
murphster just went 9.21 on 93 + alky 109 precision plenum ...and RJC powerplate on champion stock ported intake. his next outing in spring wont have the same plenum , hes going to try a hemco and a tall spacer .

I tried one on my T-Type, but couldn't ever get the car to idle correctly. Had to jack up the boost a couple of lbs. Also had installed a turbotweak 91 octane chip. So I took the plate out and everything went back to normal and I was able to back down the boost.
John
Just sold the T, so now I'm upgrading some things on the GN.

Whether it works or not, the RJC pp should not cause idle issues. You may have induced a vacuum leak during install.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

There have been numerous threads on this subject but I'll just say that I don't believe in it. (n) I know it's supposed to equalize the quantities of air in each cylinder BUT it does so by restricting the incoming air in some of them and not by improving the flow. :rolleyes:
Also, I'm running a Keith Mease - made sheet metal intake manifold & plenum........

Claude, in your application you are correct, but the first RJC power Plate was designed to work with a stock intake and plenum where it is NOT a restriction.

Years ago we proved the PP does work as advertised as we made back-to-back instrumented passes with a fairly stock GN in Bowling Green, and were able to improve performance by 2 tenths and 2 MPH with just adding the plate.

There are different versions of the PP from RJC that do work well with highly modified engines and intakes like the BG and Champion which use a larger plenum, and these have shown better air distribution as we have been able to prove this on cars, including mine, with EGT probes.

Ive went from a power plate and no spacer to a 1" spacer and no power plate and didn't feel any seat of the pants difference , but I don't know about the flow differences ..

Ive went from a power plate and no spacer to a 1" spacer and no power plate and didn't feel any seat of the pants difference ........

Over the years we have found the "butt dyno" is good for opinions and BS sessions with the guys, but recorded, measured and timed data is a lot more accurate and useful! :)

If one needed to use a spacer for clearance issues can / should you still use the PP? My car has one but idk if I should remove it when I put a spacer on it. If you keep it does the spacer go on top, or the plate go on top?

I installed my RJC pp when they first became available. I don't know if it helps but it has never caused any problems so i just left it on there.

I don't respond to many of these post because of some of the rediculous and ignorant comments. Some of the people who make them probably haven't even seen one in person.
As far as it's a restriction comment. If this was on a NA car yes it's a restriction, but on a boosted car no it is not it just helps the front cylinders get the same amount of air.

If you are having idle problems after install you made a boo boo and now have a vac leak somewhere.
As far as "having to turn up the boost" well that's the goal of the plate isn't it? To be able to have equal air distribution between all cylinders which enables you to run more boost safely.
This has been hashed out a thousand times but some people never will believe because they see the little holes and think it can't work.
Again we have boosted engines so the dynamics are different than a NA engine

I've had one on my car for 10 years, but I have no opinion as to whether it helps or not. The question I have is if it changes throttle response or turbo lag when driven on the street, especially at non-wide open situations.

My stock GN ran smooth with one. Could run one more psi boost with it. 13.0's at 104 mph on pump 93 E10 gas with that 3710# car.