Does anyone know what model are these American Racing rims?

KITT1983

The Knight Rider
Does anyone know what model are these American racing rims?

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

I think they are ARE's from around 1987-1993
they are a two piece style with the center cap screwing on.

my center caps wont hold on in the front

I need to new center caps or fix the ones I have.

From what I can see

they look like BBS Rims?? Do you use a special wrench to remove the center caps?? Turn one quarter turn and the cap comes off??

I am staying with

BBS Rims unless some one corrects me.. U might want to post this in the Lounge section. would get a lot more views. what is wrong with your center caps???

they are not BBS they are american racing? i just dont know what model american racing rims they.

can some one move it to the lounge

does anyone have these center caps or ones that would fit? I don't care if they are a different design.

BBS Caps -

Here are all that are offered from what I have been told. ARE is not AR wheels... ARE was bought out by BBS (again from what I was told).

I dont know of anywhere new, but I saw a set on Ebay a few months ago. Sorry I couldnt be of more help, just keep looking.

AREtype398.jpg

they are from 1991 that is the same year as the pioneer that was in the karr when i bought it

Had a set of those ARE's on my LSC back in the day. Had some steal all my caps at one point. Wish I still had mine.

may want to look at american racing,the A.R.E stood for american racing equipment,try a town fair or there web site,i remember selling those wheels back in the day.jim

may want to look at american racing,the A.R.E stood for american racing equipment,try a town fair or there web site,i remember selling those wheels back in the day.jim

they are ARE 398s 15x7. the nearest town fair tire has been open since 2005 and they could not get me a center cap. they were the first place that I tried

try contacting A/R directly,you never know whats hanging around the warehouse,good luck with your search.jim