Do I have a bad O2 sensor?

jghall6

Noticed my scan master O2 readings are very low (30-45) at idle and crusing. At WOT, reading goes to zero. Just reving up in driveway will cause reading to go to zero. Fuel pressure at idle is 42psi and WOT is 68 psi at 25 psi turbo boost. Car runs strong at WOT with no retard. No error codes are showing up on the scan master. The O2 sensor is heated and has been in the car about 3 years. Do you think the sensor is bad? See signature for set up. Thanks.

They can go bad....I'd check elec connections first. What's the cross counts look like?

Cross counts are stuck on 12 from cold start up to fully wamed up crusing at 60 mph. Did not change even at WOT.

Cross counts will only move during closed loop cruise conditions. They will not move when in open loop like WOT, or at idle, if you have an open loop idle chip which I suspect you do.

"warmed up cruising at 60 mph"
Replace the O2 if the CC are not moving while cruising at 60mph. Check the wires too.

"warmed up cruising at 60 mph"
Replace the O2 if the CC are not moving while cruising at 60mph. Check the wires too.

Thanks. I will replace the O2 sensor today. Does alcohol injection cause a O2 sensor go bad? I use a 50/50 mix denatured alcohol and water.

No. Look at how many people are injecting 100% alky and no one has come out saying it ruins O2. Leaded race gas will. That is proven.

My car is doing something similar based on my powerlogger readings. I just wondered what you replaced your 02 with. Rockauto has the stock AFS21 for 14$. How much are the heated? Why are they much better? and do I have to do anyone extra install to hook one up? Thanks

My car is doing something similar based on my powerlogger readings. I just wondered what you replaced your 02 with. Rockauto has the stock AFS21 for 14$. How much are the heated? Why are they much better? and do I have to do anyone extra install to hook one up? Thanks

The heated O2 sensors are used because they last longer when you use leaded race fuel. I had the heated O2 sensor because I used leaded race fuel before I switched to alcohol injection. I replaced it with an OEM sensor by NTK from advance auto for $20.00. I think the heated sensors are around $90 -$100 but there is no need to have one unless you are running leaded race fuel. The heated sensor that I replaced had a wiring harness that pluged into the connectors without any modifications. I think I got it from Kirbans Performance.