Directional Tires

MY6ISQWK

My new Turbo-T has new directional tires. The fronts are a different size from the backs so needless to say, they can't be rotated at all.

I am wondering what the real advantage is to keeping these on my car. I feel like the car is swaying a little from side to side and am wondering if the tires could be causing this.

If anyone has any input, I'd appreciate it.

Directionals are all about rain/wet traction. Check the psi listed on the sidewall and try adding some air if possible.

Low profile tires tend to cause your car to pull side to side when braking near a intersection if the cars alignment is off.

When was the last time it was aligned?
What size tires are on it?

Thanks for the responses and sorry for the delay in getting back. I did not have computer access for a while.

Anyhow, the rear tires are 255 50 ZR16s and the fronts are 245 50 ZR16s.

The car was aligned a few weeks ago and the problem is not when I'm braking. It just seems to sway a little at cruising speed.

Thanks again!

Check the condition of the Right side Upper control arm Bushing under the down pipe.

If its good, you can have the alignment shop put it more caster so it tracks straighter going down the road.

My 2+2 has about 4 degrees of caster and I can take my hands off the wheel at 165 mph, even with 255/50's in front and even on blacktop roads in west Texas with heavy truck traffic and it goes arrow straight down the road.

To rotate the tires, after the first 5 - 7K miles, break the tires down and swap them inside out (unless they have an asymmetrical tread), then do this every 10K to 15 K after that (depending how soft they are, of course) The softer the tire, the more often they need to be rotated.