direct scan problems

R

Raist103

Just as the title says, every time I hook it up and turn it on it times out. I have been told it could be the version(downloaded 2 newest-no luck), ecm(just sent an email from a guy on the site for a new one) or my cable is in too tight(need to wiggle it and clean the ends better-done got about 3sec before it times out now). Anyone got any info?
I am running it on a P3 600 Compaq(I know Compaq suck but I wanted a OK DVD player for trips) with win98 or ME I don't remember.

Try changing your printer to a normal printer port, Ive seen that sometimes if the printer port is set to ECP it wont work.
HTH
Kevin

Just to make sure I am understanding you, LTP should BE the printer port my "printer is on", so if I were to right click on my printer icon under start-settings-printer, the printer that I use as my main(With the black check on it) should be LTP not anything else ie.. USB, COM, ....???

Thanks

Here are couple of things to check

1. Make sure all cables are secure

2. Make sure the lpt port setting in your system Bios is set to lpt not epp/ecp.

3. One of the issues I have run into many times is with the cable connecting to the end of the ECM. Make sure this connection is very clean. One make sure ther is no coating left on it. Two, clean this card edge connector with a pencil erasor. I have also had issue that if the cable is pressed on to the end of the ECM too far, it loses contact. I took and placed a small piec of hard plastic about .020 thick into the bottom of the card edge connector cable. Then placed this on the ECM.