Direct Scan files, who wants to look?

Low Budget

I have some runs made on the street with 50's, a TA-49, ported heads, intake, 214/224 cam, 2800-3000 stall lock-up.....

I am not happy with the numbers. Especially the A/F numbers. I won't get into all the rest now, but will be happy to answer anyones questions. I would like help figuring this out please.

Anyone able, please let me know where to send the files.

Thanks, Jeff

OK, now what specifically are you concerned about??

I was concerned about the A/F numbers.

It has since been explained to me, that when the MAF is pegged at 255 (like mine is during a run), those A/F numbers are virtually meaningless.

Other than that, it just don't run for sh*t! It won't pull above 2nd gear at all. Just like someone threw an anchor out the back. This engine should be a screaming mimi on the top end! Maybe a weak coilpak, don't know. I am working on getting that checked. The fuel pressure seems to be following the boost pound for pound, and the boost is coming up admirably. ??? I was just hoping the DS numbers would shed some light on the situation.

To make matters worse, it seems there may be tamper resistant code in these damn chips, that sets off a "screw you" bomb when any adjustments are made to them. I have rendered two chips worthless trying to tweak them. (Worthless except as blanks) The files I took off them, and then made minor changes to, when reburned won't even let me step on the gas without popping and carrying on! I can't even put the untouched original files back on and use them. Same thing happens. I guess I'm starting over.

Thanks for taking a stab at this Dave. Anything you can come up with will be appreciated.

Special thanks to BoostKillsStres, who has been helping me with this through many, many e-mails in the last couple days.

Thanks guys, Jeff

I only really looked at two of the WOT files. B2bypass, and B3bypass.

Nothing much looked out of the ordinary, except running somewhat rich. But the one glaring thing that jumped out at me is, it looks like the torque converter is being locked VERY early. Judging from the HUGE rpm drop during the 2-3 shift. That alone will bog the engine badly and make it feel incredibly weak.
My recommedation has always been that if you have to lock the TCC then wait until after the 2-3 shift to do it. That way the rpm wont be pulled way down out of the power band.

As for the problems in the chip burning, did you properly recalculate and enter the corrected check sum?????

Sorry for the delay in answering.

I'm not sure exactly where the lock-up was set for those runs. I have them set to 48 and 50 for 3rd and 4th respectively in the ECM Constants table right now. What kind of RPM drop should I be seeing when this car is right?

As for the check sum question, the T-6 does that for me. I'm told the SES would flash as soon as I turned on the key if that wasn't done. That didn't happen to me. Mine didn't flash until I tried to use the altered and copied files that were apparently tamper/copy protected. Then I get a big mess and a code 51. That has been confirmed as what was happening too. I erased the effected chips and reburned them with good clean files. That solves the problem. No other adjustments or repairs or parts needed. It's amazing how bad these cars run with a sabbotaged chip in them! lol :D

Thanks, Jeff

Well, on all of my runs that I checked, I see a 900-1000 rpm drop on the 2-3 shift.
On yours I'm seeing at least a 2000 rpm drop! You must have felt that huge bog when it shifted ?!
That's a dead giveaway that the torque converter was locked sometime before the 2-3 shift.