Different spot for radiator overflow bottle?

14mins

Anyone have a clean install for a radiator overflow bottle when you can not use the stock one anymore? I installed a Alky kit this weekend and i can not make the overflow bottle that was included work to my satisfaction. Anyone using something different? Thanks.

We have something that will work. Why won't the one from Razor work for you? Reservoirs Aluminum

Attachments

• alumoverflowtank.jpg
    alumoverflowtank.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 864
I had a small overflow res. in front of the battery too, but it was interfering with my alky pump lines so now I use an alum. bottle:

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 433
I have mine mounted over on the driver side where the charcoal can used to be. More room over there for me since I run a homemade bigmouth style intake.

Clean install

Both those are nice and clean installs Razors functions but is not as nice looking as the aluminum cans. Had mine mounted in front of battery basically out of sight. Reinstalled it in the middle of the radiator zip tied to AC hardline hoses that run across radiator actually looks better the stuffed in fron tof the battery.Thinking of doing something like this what's the price on these cans?

I'll try and get pics later, but I mounted the little coolant catch can (that comes in the Razor's kits) on the electric fan shroud, passenger side closest to battery.

Edit: here's one, not a good one but if you look where the filter for the alky line is you'll see the top of it.

ACrepair006.jpg

When a freind of mine Troy installed Razor's kit on my car, he put the reservoir as indicated by the photo. It has worked flawlessly. These are older photos of my engine compartment, but you can see the radiator overflow hose crosses the top of the rad to the other side. The hose is now tucked in a little tighter and looks great.

Attachments

• 2603942000049674534EMzlrC_ph.jpg
    2603942000049674534EMzlrC_ph.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 349
  • DSC01081 (Medium) (Medium) (Medium) (Small).JPG
    DSC01081 (Medium) (Medium) (Medium) (Small).JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 357
TR Custom- That is what i am looking for. I will be ordering one shortly.

There was not really anything wrong with the one supplied by razor. I just did not like the "crammed in" look. I love my ALKY kit and this post is in no way a slam or pick on the kit. Grand National owners can sometimes be strange in the thought process.

I decided to convert my washer bottle res. into the coolant overflow. Nothing to hide, looks stock and all you see is the green fluid. Since I rarley drive the car in bad weather and honestly, when am I gonna use washer fluid? works for me.

I stuffed mine in the hole between the battery and the pass fender. Its just sitting in there, hasn't fallen out but Im going to fab up an aluminum plate to mount under it to make sure it doesn't drop out, esp at the track.

My car is a fair weather ONLY.
So I just installed a hose barb on the washer reservior and ran a long hose across to it (zip tied neatly to the rad support) looks good, and functions normally.
I never really used the windshield washer on the car anyway.

Hey...sorry it took so long to get back with you. Not sure if you're still looking for a way to mount your little coolant catch can, but here's how I did mine.

coolantcatchcan005.jpg

coolantcatchcan001.jpg

coolantcatchcan006.jpg

coolantcatchcan009.jpg

coolantcatchcan007.jpg

coolantcatchcan008.jpg

coolantcatchcan004.jpg

coolantcatchcan003.jpg

coolantcatchcan002.jpg