different rear spoiler other than gn

85typet

i was trying to find the thread where it showed different spoilers on the gn's and t and i was also trying to see if any of you went a different way with the wing. i saw 1 gn with the monte rear spoiler and it was badass and i was wondering can you guys post some pictures of a different setup

I installed this one when I got my GN which was about 25 years ago

Attachments

• 87 GN 073A.jpg
    87 GN 073A.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 436
  • 87 GN 072A.jpg
    87 GN 072A.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 420
Dont do it leave it alone. Its not a Honda civic!!! Its a GN...:eek:

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yes I'd leave the gn's appearance stock!!!!! people will appreciate the car much more

Dont do it leave it alone. Its not a Honda civic!!! Its a GN...:eek:

Maybe you don't like the Honda look, or how about this version type of a 1969 Dodge Charger, and if not then read this thread from one of our board member was doing it for drag racing.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/x-rays-rear-downforce-wing-built-by-coach.386784/

The point here is if you want to change the look then so be it as long it doesn't look like a Honda of this beautiful Dodge Charger wings, and as long as it looks presentable.

Most important have the ability to remove the wing if you decide to go back to the original looks.

Attachments

• dodge_1969-daytona remake.jpg
    dodge_1969-daytona remake.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 196
The one pictured from 25 years ago looks like a Kenne Bell spoiler they used to sell.

It wasn't cheap either, got one in the attic somewhere.... :eek:;)

I do believe the spoiler you want to use is this one.
For those guys that just can't leave well enough alone.

Attachments

• 1381461746060.jpg
    1381461746060.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 269
The one pictured from 25 years ago looks like a Kenne Bell spoiler they used to sell.

It wasn't cheap either, got one in the attic somewhere.... :eek:;)

How true, This was taken from one of Kenne Bell Catalogs

Those were the years

Attachments

• GN Rear spoiler Wing.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 293
I do believe the spoiler you want to use is this one.
For those guys that just can't leave well enough alone.

I did mention presentable:inpain:

Everyone has different favors to their liking, if it makes you happy go for it.

Coach has one that really is very,very, cool. Hopefully he will see this op and put up a picture.

i think y'all got the wrong idea i was thinking a wing like the ones on back of the nascars but with a little lower lean like the ss
scrp_0208_03_z+buick_regal_nascar+mark_martin.jpg
riverside-400-1981-16-of-20.jpg

i think y'all got the wrong idea i was thinking a wing like the ones on back of the nascars but with a little lower lean like the ssView attachment 210593View attachment 210594

Well - you can't be all bad since the 2 NASCAR pics you chose to post are BUICKs in their heyday.
Well played sir, well played! ;)

The one you are looking for is designed by Rick Hunt (GNXRay) & Coach.
Go find their thread or contact them directly
And may the down force be with you.

s
How true, This was taken from one of Kenne Bell Catalogs

Those were the years

But it is kind of funny as the underlying notion of a rear spoiler is to apply down force and particularly when making a left turn at 185 mph.
These Turbo Regals have none of those problems.
They go only about 125 mpg give or take - and god forbid it is anything but straight.
That - and their real aero problem in stock street trim was lift on the nose.
But it was a solution in search of a problem I suppose.

i think y'all got the wrong idea i was thinking a wing like the ones on back of the nascars but with a little lower lean like the ssView attachment 210593View attachment 210594

those aren't wings.. they are spoilers, meant to trap air on top of the trunklid by "spoiling" the airflow path over the back of the car and push the car down at speed while also adding enough drag to help control the top end speed of the car.. the stock GN spoiler is meant to mimic that look, but without so much gas mileage killing drag..

I put a modified Monte SS spoiler on mine years ago.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 256