Did I Fry My Baily Engineering 2-Step?

Just finished installing it this afternoon and was testing it without the switch wired up. I had exposed ends on the wires off the power source and to the power harness that I was touching together. Everything was working great. When I leaned over to adjust the unit, I heard the wires arc. Now the trigger LED does not light up, unit does not activate. The engine still runs and the run LED stays lit.

Did I smoke this thing!?! It is brand F'n new!:mad:

sounds like it may be hurt. Do the LEDs light and go off when you turn the key on?

Most likely it can be fixed, but you will need to send it in.

Bob

Thanks for the quick response. Yup, at key on both the run and trigger LEDs light up green then turn off.

I bought it from Full Throttle. Where do I send for repair?

I won't try the no switch thing again, but should I have an in line fuse to protect the unit? If so, what size?

there is no need for additional fuses.

What circuit are you connecting it to?

Send it in to Full Throttle.

Bob

Hey Bob -
I received my 2 step back today with a note that says "test unit - operates 100% ok". Does this mean you tested my part and found nothing wrong, or you fixed it and it now functions 100%?

This happened to me also. Check the fuses around the IGN port. I replaced a fuse that blew up & it works 100% now.

It happened to me twice & it was the same fuse that blew.