Did anybody Tupak Shakur was a Flamer?

[QUOEminem is very good. I would have loved to here him with Tupac... Tupac was just the smoothest period...

Heck don't forget about MC Ren. He was just as good as Eazy IMO...

TE][/QUOTE]

Agreed, but all the rappers you mentioned have one thing in common, their
producer, Dr. Dre! He produced NWA, thats Eazy E and MC Ren, Tupac, Eminem, and 50cent. Also will add that Ice Cube wrote most of the lyrics for Eazy and the NWA group.

My top 5 rappers of all time!

1.Eminem
2.Biggie
3.Jay-Z
4.Tupac
5.Wayne

Eminem is too lyrically inclined! His word play is amazing!

Ouch IDK man lets try

1. Nas
2. Pac
3. KRS 1
4. Big
5. Jay Z
6. Canibus
7. early LL Cool J
8. The Entire Wutang Clan
9. Eminem
10. Lil Wayne

im a big hip hop/rap fan. never liked tupac. for you guys that will listen to anything thats good music and appreciate real hip hop, check out La Coka Nostra. some of the best out there right now

I never liked him when he was alive, so I am not speaking ill of the dead;)

If I had to pick a rapper (as I don't like Rap in general) it would certainly be Eminem.

I never liked him when he was alive, so I am not speaking ill of the dead;)

If I had to pick a rapper (as I don't like Rap in general) it would certainly be Eminem.

Thankyou vicious6 you just proved my point as to why eminem shouldn't even be in the top 10. People who don't like rap like eminem, why... because he is not that great. All he does is makes 2 radio crap main play songs and the rest is about his daughter and how he wants the kill himself and his wife which is the biggest contradiction i've ever heard. If you love your daughter why would you kill your kids mom and then commit suicide. Not the mention Biggie already did the suicide thing with Ready to Die with such tracks as suicidal thoughts, and Just Playing(dreams).

Next NAS is not #1 he is in the top 5 but like I said Biggie and Pac share #1. There will never be anyone as good as either of them. But you do have some good ones in there. Eminem at #9 would be the best he'll ever do. The only reason he was so big was because he was white and made a movie.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned scarface, mobb deep, ugk, early outkast, slick rick, bone thugs, junior mafia, hell i'd rather even listen to Brotha Lynch than eminem.

Now we just need to start a classic rock who's best discussion for corsair.

Thankyou vicious6 you just proved my point as to why eminem shouldn't even be in the top 10. People who don't like rap like eminem, why... because he is not that great. All he does is makes 2 radio crap main play songs and the rest is about his daughter and how he wants the kill himself and his wife which is the biggest contradiction i've ever heard. If you love your daughter why would you kill your kids mom and then commit suicide. Not the mention Biggie already did the suicide thing with Ready to Die with such tracks as suicidal thoughts, and Just Playing(dreams).

Next NAS is not #1 he is in the top 5 but like I said Biggie and Pac share #1. There will never be anyone as good as either of them. But you do have some good ones in there. Eminem at #9 would be the best he'll ever do. The only reason he was so big was because he was white and made a movie.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned scarface, mobb deep, ugk, early outkast, slick rick, bone thugs, junior mafia, hell i'd rather even listen to Brotha Lynch than eminem.

Where are you getting your facts from guy??? You say that Eminem only got big because of a movie...he was big before the movie for godsakes! SOme of his songs did mention his wife but is that the last time you've heard a Em song...I mean its been awhile buddy. Which ever way you put it, Eminem tracks in the past and new Eminem tracks...hes still a rap phenomenon and one of the GREATEST! Top 5 written all over it...hell:eek:, Eminem was just named "Artist of the Decade" because he sold more records than anyone in music for the past ten years! That has to account for something! Im telling you...He is definatley one of the greatest! Just wanted to get the story straight:biggrin:

Because other than one or two songs they suck;):D

Biggie brought up Junior Mafia. All i am saying is that Pac rapped about things he never really did, he wasnt a thug and he admitted that. So to me he was fake. He had mad talent and was a better buisness man. B.I.G. had a flow that was unheard of at the time, Pac even gave him props on his flow. Those two were hip hop and they spawned a new generation of rappers. Biggie was just real about his stuff and i can still let ready to die play front to back.

i like my rappers black and hood... if you aren't rapping about 40'z, drive bys and 64 impalas i really dont care. i dont care if you know how to use a thesaurus.. i really dont like eminem and pretty much the whole east coast style of rapping and all of its rappers. i think jay z sucks balls for the most part although i like a song here and there.. lil wayne was 40 times better before he used voice modulation. i dont wanna hear about ur girl u miss, ur diamonds, etc... i wanna hear about the crack u sell, the dude you smoked last week and the hoes ur tag teaming later..

my top 5 would be:
eazy E
ice cube
snoop (anything up till after he left no limit)
brotha lynch
spice 1

i would also put Bone Thugs and NWA in there as well.

extremely underated for his rapping is kid rock...the guy is talented as hell, he can play every instrument on the stage and spin the records too..

pretty much i'll say it like this... i hate 90% of the current rap.. most sold out and do pop stuff to get radio play.. snoop pretty much sucks now.. heres a list of guys i would listen to now:
jeezy
scrappy
rick ross
mike jones
gucci mane

Basically any rap after 99 sucks. Most of it isn't even rap it's all that southern crunk and if it is rap most of it doesn't have more than 20 different words because 3/4 of the song is the chorus over and over and over etc.

Also I never said Eminem was big because of a movie i said it was because he was a white rapper and was more mainstream. I know he had music before the movie and i even have some of his cd's (all burnt) and some of his songs aren't bad. However when you make songs like my bum is on your lips and dance around in a superhero outfit your not anymore gangster than n'sync which makes it easier to sell cd's to young white boys and girls. So i'm not saying he was total garbage but without mainstream America he woulda never sold as many cd's as he did. He would have never made a movie and therefor should not be in rap's top 10. But once again it's all a matter of opinion. I grew up and still live a block away from the projects and if I walked around and asked people about rap's top 10 i guarantee you might get one person to even say his name.

Basically any rap after 99 sucks. Most of it isn't even rap it's all that southern crunk and if it is rap most of it doesn't have more than 20 different words because 3/4 of the song is the chorus over and over and over etc.

Also I never said Eminem was big because of a movie i said it was because he was a white rapper and was more mainstream. I know he had music before the movie and i even have some of his cd's (all burnt) and some of his songs aren't bad. However when you make songs like my bum is on your lips and dance around in a superhero outfit your not anymore gangster than n'sync which makes it easier to sell cd's to young white boys and girls. So i'm not saying he was total garbage but without mainstream America he woulda never sold as many cd's as he did. He would have never made a movie and therefor should not be in rap's top 10. But once again it's all a matter of opinion. I grew up and still live a block away from the projects and if I walked around and asked people about rap's top 10 i guarantee you might get one person to even say his name.

You clearly said that he got big because of a movie and the color of his skin...and no it wasnt because mainstream...it was because he was a good rapper and had great word play! Also had the Dre beats! And yes its all about opinion like the guy that likes rappers that talk about drugs and 40's:eek:
But saying Em doesnt deserve to be in the top 10 better yet 5...its really a low blow. And Hip Hop is not dead..it took a wrong turn but now back on track. It aint even all southern crunk now..we still have rappers like Game, Em, Jay, T.I., Kanye, Jeezy, Gucci, etc...definately not southern crunk! No matter where you live...projects or not...EM top 5!

Thanks guys, it's nice to know you care. ;)

Truthfully, I'm not that much into Gansta Rap. Somebody is always wanting to shoot or kill somebody or themselves or trying to keep from getting killed by somebody else or what ever. I work in an enviroment where I witness the results of those lifestyles so I really don't care to listen to it. There are certain songs that catch my ear of course but as a whole I prefer old school rap such as Kool Moe Dee, Whodini, and the Beastie Boys or the more melodic, cleaner quasi-rapper/hip hop/pop artists such as Will Smith or Nelly. Kid Rock is about as dirty as I go. That is why, although I am interested in everyone's opinions and following this thread, I really can't weigh in on this debate.

You clearly said that he got big because of a movie and the color of his skin...and no it wasnt because mainstream...it was because he was a good rapper and had great word play! Also had the Dre beats! And yes its all about opinion like the guy that likes rappers that talk about drugs and 40's:eek:
But saying Em doesnt deserve to be in the top 10 better yet 5...its really a low blow. And Hip Hop is not dead..it took a wrong turn but now back on track. It aint even all southern crunk now..we still have rappers like Game, Em, Jay, T.I., Kanye, Jeezy, Gucci, etc...definately not southern crunk! No matter where you live...projects or not...EM top 5!

Well we'll just have to agree to disagree or we could be here forever.:rolleyes:

Did someone say Kool Moe Dee:biggrin: At the Wild Wild West:D

Kid can hang, he is very multi talented...

Guess I was in a different zone back in the mid 90's back when the stuff was real... Todays music just ain't got no soul;):D

Did someone say Kool Moe Dee:biggrin: At the Wild Wild West:D

Kid can hang, he is very multi talented...

Guess I was in a different zone back in the mid 90's back when the stuff was real... Todays music just ain't got no soul;):D

Haha yeah I remember Kool Moe!!! Him and LL had a huge feud back in the day. I think we are still in the ice age of rap ie my diamonds this, my car that, my beeeotches this and that. Every since Jevenile's Bling Bling things have been all messed up in hip hop. Its real hard to find music nowadays...oh BTW I think we forgot about a few of the most underated in the game. Kurupt, E40 aka E Feezy Fonzarelli, Mac Dre aka Drizzle, Keak da Sneak, Ant Banks, Too Short, Husalah, San Quinn...the Bay put out some real good music during the Thizz movement. I lived in Richmond at the time and man I had hella fun. There's nothing like sideshows, drag racing and loud music. I kinda miss the Bay.

Hip Hop music as a whole is Dead.

Speaking of the bay-frisco area they have a huge, huge, huge underground rap scene there that is probably the best in the nation right now. Lots of guys doing it old school and still bringing the nice old beats not this new girly rap crap. If any one is out that way and can post some up on the board you guys might like it. I dont really listen to rap much any more but i just heard Murder was the case the other day and when i cranked it up i got wierd looks lol.

old school no limit!!!

i hate lyrical rap songs... i like melodic stuff.. thats why that old snoop is so good. smooth laid back delivery with a great beat and melody..

i dont mind keeping it clean with some Mc Hammer and some fresh prince stuff either.

If you put those words in Google with out the name Tupac it comes up on 2 websites this one and supra forums. seems to me it should be in many

and yea Biggie was better
ML

Not to get of the original subject, but the OP is a born again Supra Owner;) which might explain why google only shows it on two websites:wink: