Destroked Stage 2

Sinful6

Aspiring Guru
Anyone destroke a stage 2 4.xl engine? I like the idea of a stage 2, but it seems as if it would be more beneficial to destroke it, and have it rev higher. Would it be possible to rev to redline around 7500-8000rpm if this were done? Anyone who's done it had better post ;)

-DC

You do not have to destroke the motor to spin the RPM the you are talking about. A friend of mine has a 272 at duttweiler's that is about to go on the dyno. Kenny told him to shift at 8200RPM. and then change his underpants!

its on kens dyno today! we have new heads and a new hogan intake. no more indy heads. we will be racing in tucson the following weekend

Originally posted by LV GN
its on kens dyno today! we have new heads and a new hogan intake. no more indy heads. we will be racing in tucson the following weekend

Len,

Ask John if he wants to donate the old stacks to a good cause...I still have my Indy heads. :D

Originally posted by KendallF
Len,

Ask John if he wants to donate the old stacks to a good cause...I still have my Indy heads. :D
will do. i wont see him till next week but i will ask him

Why is he no longer using the indy heads?? I thought those were the best flowing heads out there for the Buick V6 (kind of like the SB2 heads for a SBC):confused:

Originally posted by 86brick
Why is he no longer using the indy heads?? I thought those were the best flowing heads out there for the Buick V6 (kind of like the SB2 heads for a SBC):confused:
we killed a head last time out and it seems like we cant keep the valve train together. history repeats its self like the old days of indy. :eek:

Len,

What are the flow numbers on the Indy Heads you were running?

Originally posted by Ron Tarabori
I turn my odd fire circle track engines 8500. You can usually save the intake manifold when one explodes.

Ron,

That was both funny and not, at the same time. :confused:

RPMs

Thats why I switched to odd fire engines. It hated to hurt the hard to find even fire stuff and the odd stuff was pretty much throw away for most guys. I also have one of those short stroke cranks if anyone wants to try a destroker. I think it is new and cheap. Have some long rods to go with it. 5 weeks till racing season.

I will trade you a new PT88 or a couple of sets of stage 2 heads for them.

i have some photos of the new set up. but dont know how to put them up here. anyone?? :confused:

Len,

I think the pictures need to be uploaded to the web and hosted.
I can try if you send them to me.

Originally posted by John Wilde
Len,

I think the pictures need to be uploaded to the web and hosted.
I can try if you send them to me.
i sent them---thank's john

Let's see if this works!

gallina's%20new%20setup.JPG
url]'s%20new%20setup1.JPG
url]'s%20new%20setup2.JPG