Designer Series Paint

wish98was87

Hey guys I'm just curious about the D84 Designer series TRs that were made. I have seen quite a few on the board here and I am really intrigued by some of the strange and cool combos that were available. I remember seeing a red designer series TR that was up for sale not too long ago and the Chestnut, among others that you guys have on the board here. Thought maybe we could get a thread going with some pics of designer series TRs you guys have or have seen. (My apologies if one already exists) Maybe Mr. Kirban could give some insight as well on the rarity or production of some of the strange combos made with the designer paint. Thanks guys!

-Rich

The D84 cars are not as common as one would think but they are out there. I know a fellow named Victor has a sweet 2-tone blue one in Texas that I have seen in BG a few years back and boardmember "krom" has a 2-tone blue as well.

This thread goes back to when Brian picked up his sweet 2-tone brown car. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/194693-last-weeks-ebay-limted-2-tone-brown.html

Wow! I had forgot about that thread Chuck. How time flies.;) I still remember that flight to California that Id like to forget! Wont ever fly US Air ever again!! lol Here are some picts of Victors 2 tone light and dark blue and my dark metallic brown and chestnut D84 Limiteds from back at the '07 GSCA Nats in BG.

That was the first year they decided to put all Grand Nationals and Turbo T/T Types/Limiteds all in the same class. They used to always have there seperate classes of GNs and Ts. There were many fanstastic examples of Limiteds at the show that year. We were all hoping it would be an all Limited top 3 but the low mile GNs that were all there were prestine examples. I managed to get 1st with the brown/chestnut car but was followed by 2 GNs that both had under 10k original miles and were sick nice!

Brian

Attachments

• Picture 1595.jpg
    Picture 1595.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 358
  • Picture 1601_1.jpg
    Picture 1601_1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 350
  • Picture 1599_1.jpg
    Picture 1599_1.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 353
What yr is the blue one? I had an 81 like that back in 89. wish I still had it. Nice color combo.

Both of these cars are 1987 Turbo T Limiteds. 1 of 1035 made. Hard to say how many Turbo Limiteds were made in this D84 designer series but it was not very many.

OK, that's 50% of the colors offered on the D84.

Who's got a silver/gray and a rosewood/dark red?

Thanks for the pics Brian! Awesome examples of two rare cars.

DSCF2060Medium.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

moms21.jpg

DSC028202post.jpg

2m35uyu.jpg

I am sure I have pix of the other color but we have had a computer power supply failure and I think that is the hard drive they are on.

Here's one I took at BG probably around '89-90 or so. Non-Limited T with the lower trim option.

Attachments

• twotone1.jpg
    twotone1.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 280
Rich, thanks for posting pics of the D84 cars.

The bottom shot showing the 2-tone blue looks like Victor's car but there is something a little off about it, namely exhaust and condition of the car in general. Was that a "before" pic because when I saw it at BG and Brian's pictures also prove that it is a stunning car. Just curious.

It's neat to Bruce's old car in there too! (now owned by krom).

We need a rosewood/dark red to complete the set!

Thanks for posting ghe pics of the dark/light chestnut....my 86' is dark chestnut, but I might make a two tone after seeing that...cool!

Sent from my DROID2

hello people; Just curious any one have a window sticker of your D84 cars? I found mine and for a 86 T with a WH1 designer package it was an extra $403.00. Was the price the about the same for the D84 option?
The most extra money was for the electric sunroof for another $935.00
IBBY

A gray D84

Moonroof car...

Attachments

• NICE_D84.jpg
    NICE_D84.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 201
This is how the factory 2-toned the GP's.
There is a blend decal between the light and dark blue that the stripes of light blue get narrower towards the bottom and opposite for the dark blue.

Img_1484%20rud.jpg

There is a blend decal between the light and dark blue that the stripes of light blue get narrower towards the bottom and opposite for the dark blue.

Img_1484%20rud.jpg

hello people; I like the car. Are those general tires on it? If so how do you like them?
IBBY

Very nice - I might have seen one before.

Do you have any close-ups of the paint gradation?