derogatory GN quote

Turbo H/O

Formerly 88 Cutty Classic
this was in a thread that was arguing GN's and Ty/Sy's on montecarloSS.com

U_NV_ME said:
Maybe you are right about what my screen name says about me. I think a GN is a poor man's Typhoon!

i found this quite amuzing. both vehicals are nice and both are cool for different reasons but this guys head is way bigger than his mouth.

Yeah but.......typhoon's are chevys and if I wanted to be a sheep, I'd have one. Another thing is, most people would say, what's a Typhoon? And on top of that GNs bring more money. :tongue:

i woulldnt say gn's bring more.........at least in this part of the world.......i see lots of 10k gn's and more 15-20k ty's

idaho gn said:
i woulldnt say gn's bring more.........at least in this part of the world.......i see lots of 10k gn's and more 15-20k ty's

I could be wrong.........what is a typhoon? :tongue:

Red Regal T said:
I could be wrong.........what is a typhoon? :tongue:

A Typhoon is an AWD 4.3L turbocharged air->water intercooled Jimmy with a groud effects package; it was the "other half" of the GMC Syclone. Truly a badass SUV, the flaw is that they were ahead of their time, you made one now it'd probably be a huge seller. The people who say that they're higher valued then the aggregate GN are correct though, albeit their rarity is a LOT higher.

Typhoon,, it's a hurricane... Chavy felt left out so they got the powers that be to get on the G.N bandwagon!!!!!!! Enough said... Oh did I say I dislike Chevies.. :rolleyes: But wait there's more.. I think It could carry more than the 500 lb payload than the Syclone???? Is G.M filing for chapter 11 yeeeet. :cool:

That's just plain ignorant. Obviously the guy never owned a GN. If he did he wouldn't own his Typhoon anymore (BTDT) ;)

The Typhoon is NOTHING like a GN. Saying a GN is a poor-man's Typhoon is like saying a Hyundai is a poor man's Lamborghini. They are completely different animals. The GN responds so much better to mods and has a lot more potential with a relatively stock powertrain than the 4.3L-based Typhoons/Syclones. I really grew to hate my Typhoon over time.

I think we can all attest that a Turbo Regal isn't a 'poor man's' anything - it's not an inexpensive hobby.

Jim

turbojimmy said:
That's just plain ignorant. Obviously the guy never owned a GN. If he did he wouldn't own his Typhoon anymore (BTDT) ;)

The Typhoon is NOTHING like a GN. Saying a GN is a poor-man's Typhoon is like saying a Hyundai is a poor man's Lamborghini. They are completely different animals. The GN responds so much better to mods and has a lot more potential with a relatively stock powertrain than the 4.3L-based Typhoons/Syclones. I really grew to hate my Typhoon over time.

I think we can all attest that a Turbo Regal isn't a 'poor man's' anything - it's not an inexpensive hobby.

Jim

The guy is pretty much an idiot IMO... I still havent got a response from his other thread about any specifics considering his claim at running 10.2@13X with the hp/tq numbers he's quoting in a full weight/stock block typhoon.

Im about done with him anyways since he's obviously OD'ed on retardacillin.

jpratt said:
That is funny. Never heard that before.

I cant recall if I heard that somewhere or made it up (old age sucks!!). None the less its an appropriate assumption for that guy IMO.

That'a a new one. I don't even see the comparison there. However, people have accused my Turbo T as being a "poor mans GN" but they were probably jealous becuae they don't own either.

myclone said:
The guy is pretty much an idiot IMO... I still havent got a response from his other thread about any specifics considering his claim at running 10.2@13X with the hp/tq numbers he's quoting in a full weight/stock block typhoon.

Im about done with him anyways since he's obviously OD'ed on retardacillin.

myclone,
I was wondering about the e.t. claim myself. I was really wondering when he was talking about the turbo being so quiet he was telling people it didn't have one... I'm no Sy/Ty expert though, so I just kept my mouth shut there. By the way, I'm 502SS on that board.