Denso pump ownere - please chime in !

Beamer

I put a Denso pump in my car a little over a year ago. I just experienced a problem with only 30 PSI of fuel pressure. I thought my regulator may have gone bad, but a known good unit produces the same problem.

I thought I replaced my fuel filter shortly after having the Walbro 169 pump problems, but will try that as well.

Has there been anyone else having any problems at all with their Denso?

I am getting 13.4 V at the relay on the hotwire and I have the Racetronix through bulkhead harness kit.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

I haven't had any problems with mine but it's only been in a few months. Maybe you have a leak in the hose connecting the pump to the sender assembly.

I have the fuel drained out. Now to get time to drop the tank and check it out. I am nervous that the pump will be the problem. That will really blow. I have the box for it, I will contact Denso for sure if it is.

I will update when I am able to get to it. It may be a week or so, as I have a lot going on.

Mike

Please update what you find.

My Denso has zero issues, however since my A/C went out last summer, I could only rarely drive the TR. I am in the process of total overhaul of the A/C now. I will continue tomorrow, have to remove the intercooler to r&r the compressor - @#$%^&*.

At ease everyone...

I found the problem last evening. I thought I posted the results of what I found then, but it is not on here. Must have been the Jim Beam celebration, LOL...

The hose from the sending unit to the pump is at a moderate angle for the install, and it should have been an inch longer. It was popping off at the pump side and not sealed properly. A new piece of line that is 2" longer and has no way to think of coming off is now installed.

Took the car out and it is blasting the pavement as it should now.

Mike