Deep trans pan?

I've got some new Art Carr deep aluminum pans.
they work well.

I've found it isn't terribly critical, as long as you can run the 700-R4 filter, you're set.

I've got some new Art Carr deep aluminum pans.
they work well.

I've found it isn't terribly critical, as long as you can run the 700-R4 filter, you're set.

Jake,

I got one of these off E-Bay, but it didn't have any instructions as far as what filter or any necessary mods to the filtering system. Being deeper, I'm thinking some kind of retainer will be needed to keep the filter from falling off the O-ring into the pan? Any input appreciated!

You need a 700R4 filter, and make sure you cover up the pressure switch so it doesn't ground out.

Jake

Art Carr

Does the Art Carr pans hold an additional 2 quarts?

I have heard this is a nice piece.

Converter locks up at al times in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.
Although it somewhat depends on what the switch is and how it's wired up.

If it's a NO switch, and you ground it, the converter locks, if it's a NC closed switch, grounding it will only mess with 4th.

Converter locks up at al times in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.
Although it somewhat depends on what the switch is and how it's wired up.

If it's a NO switch, and you ground it, the converter locks, if it's a NC closed switch, grounding it will only mess with 4th.

Is their a way to check if it is grounding without dropping the pan again and what do you mean mess with 4th? Its an orig. stock trans.

I'm with you. I got my Hughes from Nick at Arizona GN. Great guy to deal with and the pan kicks butt.

I got one too... that think looks sweet!....... however it is one heavy mother hubbard!...... shipping weight for my pan was 14 lbs.... including cardboard box and plenty of styrafoam peanuts.....

I couldn't believe how heavy the pan is.... It doubles as a tranny girdle! :eek:

Do I need to drill any oil drainback holes in the wier (above the red line) so oil won't pool up?

Attachments

• 100_0739s.jpg
    100_0739s.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 217