Decal/Stricker Removal

Woody

I just bought a 98 chevy tahoe (2door 2 wheel drive) and there are a bunch of decals/vinyl stickers on the windows..............Can anyone give me tips on removing them with out scratching the glass, eg will a liquid like windex remove them?

Thanks guys!!!

Woody

I would try heating them up with a hair dryer.
You should then be able to pull them off.
I done this with metal & fiberglass but not sure on glass but it should work.

Sticker removal

Single edge razor blade scraper from the big box home improvement center, and a hair dryer. If you can get a hold of the sticker it works best to pull back across the sticker parallel to the glass surface instead of perpendicular (or away) from the glass. Then adhesive remover or 'goo gone' should get it clean.

I have also used heat and nylon paint scrapers/trowels to remove decals like this from painted surfaces also. I followed this up by buff and polish the paint.

Glass cleaner (preferably aerosol) and standard razor blades. Start with a new blade often. It takes a little getting used to but get it wet & slice under the edge of the decal not straight into it but long ways so you are moving the razor a foot or whatever but only lifting a 1/4 inch or so of decal. then the harder you can push the more it will take off. Be careful to hold the blade tight it can flip & whack off the tip of your finger.

Goof Off is available at Home Depot in a small metal can & works great to get the glue off.

Razor blade and gasoline on a rag...save you a trip to the hardware store...

WD40 is real good at removing the residual gunk too :)
WD40 is a cure all for everything! Probably would cure cancer if you drank the stuff :) I just used it the other day to remove all the white chaulky stuff in my shower...works better than Lime Away and a much more pleasant smell :) and keeps it from spotting in the future!