Deadbeat seller..... Anyone know this guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sure he is a good guy but there shouldnt even have to be a phone call.

Recieve the money, ship the parts. Yes it is that simple.

If a guy can post a for sell thread and respond to PMs then it seems he's computer friendly enough to get back to someone over the internet.

You're telling me you would come on a public forum and bash someones good name before picking up the phone and calling them to find out what's going on? What's wrong with you people?

You're telling me you would come on a public forum and bash someones good name before picking up the phone and calling them to find out what's going on? What's wrong with you people?

A telephone call has nothing to do with it. If you have the money then ship the part. Don't get side-tracked. ;)

I am NOT Condoning what went on here but just an observation that I notice is getting more prevelant each day with the "Great Strides in Progress" going on in the world today!

Because of the internet & text messaging the kids today dont remember how to actually Talk & Communicate with others it seems? Guess that its called Progress these days but sometimes I really have to wonder?
Old timers like to hear a voice to maybe get an insight into who they are dealing with. Guess its just natual.
Youger people dont want to pick up a phone & hear a voice anymore cuz its too much work & takes too much time. Plus then you might actually have Compassion for the next guy & his situation. ;)

Why would you want to call someone and hear some lame excuses?

PM's and Emails are easy enough to hear a "story".

If the money was received you ship the parts. :)

If you can't you respond properly with a PM or Email or YOU make the phone call to tell the buyer what the delay is.

Sounds simple enough for me.

I'm old and don't want to hear lame excuses I'd rather read them first.

I write much better than I speak in person, especially when I'm pizzed off. ;)

Compassion and phone calls AREN'T the issue, Not hearing WHY the parts HAVEN'T BEEN SHIPPED is.

10 days for the seller to say he will ship them out "in a few days" isn't something I would want to hear on MY DIME! :mad:

Don't get me started!:mad:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/268165-another-member-ripped-off.html

I have been guilty of not being able to ship parts on time BUT I either refunded their shipping or just gave them the part. This do happen but if you are going to sell junk, you gotta stay in touch with the buyer.

It all comes down to value, ethics and morals!

You can shine a turd but its still a turd....Steve!

You're right if it were my $$ I would've picked up the phone and called him.

There is no comparing Frank to Kieth Mease. Frank has had a good reputation in the Buick community for 15+ years, Mease was a fly by night company that came and went. Big difference.

Either way I am sure this will get resolved.

Dave is right. Some of you new guys on the internet should get out from behind your keyboards and come to the various Buick meets and met some of the guys that aren't always on the net and have been doing this longer than the internet has been around. You may have a different opinion of some of these people.

I just want to make sure I got this straight. A guy advertises a part for sale on the board. Sells it to a board member and takes the money and dosen't ship it. Now 2 weeks have past and still no parts or word that they were shipped.
Nice guy or not Frank is just wrong. Just refund the money. Hey my house flooded I have to refund your money , it's that simple. If you want to use the net to sell stuff to a wider customer base then you better be ready to handle it when you screw up and all those potential customers (including the looney tunes) attack. When people say "I would just call Him" , it sounds pretty stupid. Like this guy Frank is home sitting by his phone with a box of control arms in his lap waiting for Brett to call so he can ship them. Or you should get out from behind your keyboard and do this or do that... It's on Frank he took the money and didn't send the goods (it's called theft). I'm getting mad just thinking about it but it dosen't really matter what I think because it's not my money but I do hope it gets resolved soon.

Paypal should refund your money. They only return money if the items never recieved. I have a credit card thru paypal to back me up if paypal doesnt .When you file a dispute, paypal only puts a hold on the money until both partys resolve the problem.This way the seller cant walk away with money and not send item.

Frank is a good guy and you won't have an issue with him screwing you. He is not very internet savvy and that is likely the reason he posted his phone number. You really should've called him prior to dragging his name through the mud. The guy has been in the Turbo Buick community since the beginning and I've known him for 10-12years now and have never heard of him screwing somebody on a parts deal or anything else for that matter. I'm sure he will be at BG and I know he is always willing to discuss disputes in person:eek:

Dragged his name thru the mud....lol. You keep telling urself that...:rolleyes: If ur friend FRANK PARVIN is such a stand up guy and been in the TB community for 10-12 years why don't you call him and ask him urself why he is "screwing somebody"?

I don't give a sh!t if he is not internet savvy. He was internet savvy enough to post parts for sale. He was internet savvy enough to post that he packaged the items up to ship. He was internet savvy enough to email me that he was going to ship them out in a couple of days. So cut the sh!t. You sound like a bigger schmuck then him:rolleyes:

So stop making lame excuses for ur friend FRANK PARVIN.

I understand its hard to admit your good friend has pulled a con move...but he has. Hopefully he will make good on it:rolleyes:

When it comes to "draggin someone through the mud" oh well. It wouldnt happen if he didnt deserve it. Sometimes thats what it takes. Ive broke 2 StreetLite wheels while my car was parked(not my fault). The first one they brushed it off and replaced it, but on the second one I came here and did a little dragging myself...you should have seen them then:D

Brett, good luck on this, I hope that it works out for you. There is no worse feeling than sending money and not seeing anything returned.

if this frank guy is so stand up why is a friend of his on here defending him instead of him coming here and explaining what the problem is. it is pretty stupid to put yourself into a problem when it's obvious the guy is ducking him on this transaction. this will get worse before it gets better for this frank guy if he doesn't come on here and rectify the situation

CALL the #

Just call the guy back, whether you want to or not, whether it is going to help or not, whether or not he should have called back, etc, at least you can update the thread. You definitely should have your parts by now, but focusing on resolution of a bad situation may benefit. You could post details of the conversation, no matter the outcome. You won't be any worse off than you are now by not having parts. I agree it is a bad situation but reading this thread it is kind of like swine flu hysteria.

I can tell you if I had as many friends as Frank seems to here they would be calling me letting me know this thread is going on:rolleyes:

If you guys posting are one of his buddies you may want to let him know.......

Just call the guy back, whether you want to or not, whether it is going to help or not, whether or not he should have called back, etc, at least you can update the thread. You definitely should have your parts by now, but focusing on resolution of a bad situation may benefit. You could post details of the conversation, no matter the outcome. You won't be any worse off than you are now by not having parts. I agree it is a bad situation but reading this thread it is kind of like swine flu hysteria.

I agree just Call Him & see what comes of it? Cant Hurt You to make a call.
I sure would for My $$$
Good Luck with it! Hope it works out for you!

Well, I filed a dispute claim with PayPal and FRANK PARVIN responded back to the PayPal claim today so im assuming he has access to a computer somewhere.

He states he will be packaging them up today and shipping them out and will get me a tracking number. Well, I heard that two Fridays ago as well as last Monday so we will see this week. Its been (3) weeks now.

Parvin

I hope all goes well with things from here on out. I have had a few dealings with Frank in the past and all of them have been very good. I don't live close to Frank ( about 250 miles away ), but have always considered him a friend based on our dealings and talking at buick events over the years. Not trying to say that you shouldn't be upset, just saying that I think that he'll end up making this right with you. I myself have been guilty of not sending something out when I should, next thing you know one day leads to another. I was supposed to send Cal Hartline some electrical conectors and I just dropped the ball, next thing I knew a MONTH had went by. I was too embarrased to even call him.

Dave Fiscus

This kind of stuff makes me really think before I try to buy anything from people I do not know.

A stand up guy would not let this get to the point it is at. Period.

Buyer lived up to his portion. Seller should not have to be called IMHO.

I love how people are turning this around so it's Brett's fault for not calling this dude. 3 weeks with no part = scum bag. As far as I'm concerned it's this douche bags responsibility to call Brett!! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.