Deadbeat seller..... Anyone know this guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paypal dispute filed. We will see how FRANK PARVIN responds. Maybe I will get a whole nickel on the dollar back thru Paypal...:rolleyes:

Hey Brett,if your going to the BG'S this year and you happen to find this A-HOLE their,due us all a favor give him a beat down for pulling a fast one on you or others

just want to say is good luck with your headache, i hope something good comes out of this

Can't speak for anyone else, but I wish people would take transactions seriously.

People work hard for thier money, and in general, are trusting of other people that have the same intrests and passions...our buicks :) that we send our money to strangers in hopes they reciprocate by sending the item in a timely fashion.

I haven't sold alot of items here or on E-Bay, but the items I have sold, I've been completely upfront about it's condition and a realistic cost of what shipping is going to cost, and when the deal has been done, it goes right to the post-office the next day no matter what, and then follow up with the buyer that it has been shipped and here's a tracking number.

Paypal has made buying items easier and quicker, but it has also opened the doors to unscrupious people that take the money and run. I don't know how to fix it, other than it probably would be a good idea for new members to contribute to the site, and be active before being allowed to sell, but that doesn't guarentee much either.

I think when you boil it all down....JUST DO WHAT"S RIGHT, AND DON'T SCREW A FELLOW BUICK MEMBER.

Steve

Did you call Frank again? His number is on the sale thread.

No I havent. I don't really see the point. He already has my money and he knows he is sopposed to ship them as he has said twice now. He either sold them to someone else or just doesn't give a sh!t.

Either way I don't need to talk with him. Short of him being dead or badly injured in a car accident there is no excuse whatsoever to jerk someone around who paid you (5) minutes after finding out how much the parts were.

I need control arms so I guess I will have to buy ANOTHER set now to get the car on the road. Gave the stock arms away. Wow, $1000 for control arms now. I figure new ones will be around $600 or so. Control arms are getting expensive these days:rolleyes:. I will get my money back one way or the other.

That stinks. Hope you recover your money or get the parts.

Did you get your money back through paypal? If so you are only out the down time and some frustation that you can choose not to have.

It takes a few weeks before PayPal will entertain paying anyone. Paypal wants to try to resolve the matter by emailing the dead beat seller first via PayPal. Its a complete waste of time imo but I am exausting all avenues so FRANK PARVIN can come up with some new lame excuses....:rolleyes:

No I havent. I don't really see the point. He already has my money and he knows he is sopposed to ship them as he has said twice now. He either sold them to someone else or just doesn't give a sh!t.

Either way I don't need to talk with him. Short of him being dead or badly injured in a car accident there is no excuse whatsoever to jerk someone around who paid you (5) minutes after finding out how much the parts were.

I need control arms so I guess I will have to buy ANOTHER set now to get the car on the road. Gave the stock arms away. Wow, $1000 for control arms now. I figure new ones will be around $600 or so. Control arms are getting expensive these days:rolleyes:. I will get my money back one way or the other.

Frank is a good guy and you won't have an issue with him screwing you. He is not very internet savvy and that is likely the reason he posted his phone number. You really should've called him prior to dragging his name through the mud. The guy has been in the Turbo Buick community since the beginning and I've known him for 10-12years now and have never heard of him screwing somebody on a parts deal or anything else for that matter. I'm sure he will be at BG and I know he is always willing to discuss disputes in person:eek:

Frank is not a bad guy and he will not screw you. I know him from the local area and because of my GN. He has played with these cars for quite a while and does know what he is doing. And yes he is not a computer friendly guy. At any rate, he is friends with Red and he will not try to screw you on the parts. I haven't talked to him in a while cause he kind of got out of the Buicks for family reasons, hence the sale of parts. If you have his number, call him, he has done a lot work for a lot GN's; he isn't trying to take anybody's money for nothing. BTW- the whole aggressive approach with him at BG is probably not the best idea with him......:eek:

Sorry sbout your problem with a fellow Buick enthusiast. I hope it works out for you.

Frank is a good guy and you won't have an issue with him screwing you. He is not very internet savvy and that is likely the reason he posted his phone number. You really should've called him prior to dragging his name through the mud. The guy has been in the Turbo Buick community since the beginning and I've known him for 10-12years now and have never heard of him screwing somebody on a parts deal or anything else for that matter. I'm sure he will be at BG and I know he is always willing to discuss disputes in person:eek:
This is what I posted early in this thread and I only met the guy once at BG, looked him up cause he helped build a badA engine for a car I once owned. I kind of jumped into this fire because I think I get a good first impression of a person, and I talked to Frank for maybe a minute a couple years ago, and I said the same thing Chris is saying, Frank is not much of an internet guy. I agree he was negligent in getting the parts shipped, but as discussed, don't think he would screw anyone over.

Anyway I was traveling today and called him, and he was out of town in IL and said the money was taken from his account by paypal and the buyer could contact him anytime to work out the problem. I sold my Buick last Dec after nearly 9 years ownership, and have a couple other fun cars, and guess I jumped into this thread to help the Buick community be better than the other car groups/boards I follow. This board by far is the best car board I've been on, same with owners at BG nationals I've attended the last 8 years.

BTW Chris, I bought your TA-66 a few years ago. Tim

Frank is NOT an Internet-savvy guy...but he's not a liar. If you haven't gotten your parts, then something went wrong...like his house flooding.

You should not start threads like this without actually trying to get in touch with people, first-hand. Sometimes, sh!t happens.

BTW, I think you're the same idiot that commented out of nowhere on a thread of mine recently, insinuating that I needed some anger management...maybe you should take a dose of your own advice, dumbass.

Hey Brett,if your going to the BG'S this year and you happen to find this A-HOLE their,due us all a favor give him a beat down for pulling a fast one on you or others...

Mighty tough talk.

I'd really like to see you come out from behind your screen name and call Frank an "A-HOLE".

He is a decent guy, and will make things right.

Easy now...Im with Brett on this one. When I pay for parts I expect to see them on my doorstep. This transaction has taken way to long. Seriously how long does it take to get to a UPS house flooded or not. He got Bretts money right? Alright then...IMO Parts should have been shipped before he left town.

You can work on TR's all day, does that make you a good person? Mease ring a bell(example)

Can you really blame someone who has that kind of money out there with no parts to show for it? Bet it would be different if it was your money...

...When I pay for parts I expect to see them on my doorstep. This transaction has taken way to long...

I agree.

I bought a turbo from Frank within a week of the original poster's transaction. It took a while, but it was packaged like the Hope Diamond.

I've known Frank since he was running the factory transmission in his GN. He'll get it taken care of.

I have tried to stay out of this...

All I am going to say is, if someone posts something for sale and accepts payment they need to at least stay in contact with the person who PAID!

I don't know this guy, sounds like he has a lot of friends. Hopefully by now someone has told him what was going on... I sent him a PM as well with no response. I am not accusing anyone of anything but put yourself in Brett's shoes, no money and no parts and no idea WTF is going on... I feel sure you too would be upset!

Hopefully if someone has not contacted him they will!!!

Hopes this ends well...

Brett,

I agree, once you paid the parts should have been shipped promptly, but when a guy posts his phone number on his add I do not think he is trying to hide from or screw anyone, as a matter of fact I think he is making it pretty clear how he wants to communicate. You clearly have spent more time and energy trying to bash the guy then trying to truly solve the problem,as well as every other key board warrior demanding a beat down. I do not know Frank very well at all but I have never heard anything bad about him for what it is worth, maybe I should start a thread bashing the guy parting out cars that has not responded to my e mails for a week now, but I won't because he had his phone number listed in his add so If it was so important to me I would have picked up the phone instead of staying in the comfort of my keyboard.

Bet it would be different if it was your money...

You're right if it were my $$ I would've picked up the phone and called him.

There is no comparing Frank to Kieth Mease. Frank has had a good reputation in the Buick community for 15+ years, Mease was a fly by night company that came and went. Big difference.

Either way I am sure this will get resolved.

Dave is right. Some of you new guys on the internet should get out from behind your keyboards and come to the various Buick meets and met some of the guys that aren't always on the net and have been doing this longer than the internet has been around. You may have a different opinion of some of these people.

Im sure he is a good guy but there shouldnt even have to be a phone call.

Recieve the money, ship the parts. Yes it is that simple.

If a guy can post a for sell thread and respond to PMs then it seems he's computer friendly enough to get back to someone over the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.