Dave Bamford's 4.8 LSX Conversion

LOL! Yes, I can't believe we didn't get pulled over! The Birmingham and Bloomfield cops were everywhere!

Lol that's wild, he said you guys ran like 3 times. we did a roll with the silver car early in the year and he walked the shit out of us so fast it was ridiculous.

Forgive me if this is posted in another thread..... but have you guys made it to the track yet to get some times? If not, are you going to be able to before the snow hits?

It really looks impressive.

What boost are y'all hitting now and are y'all running pump gas? Alky?

I would like to see a pump/gas alky car with a turbo LSX motor in there and see if you can get to 1000 HP on 93+alky.....

Forgive me if this is posted in another thread..... but have you guys made it to the track yet to get some times? If not, are you going to be able to before the snow hits?

It really looks impressive.

What boost are y'all hitting now and are y'all running pump gas? Alky?

I would like to see a pump/gas alky car with a turbo LSX motor in there and see if you can get to 1000 HP on 93+alky.....

No trips to the track planned, both cars are set up for the street running on E85. I would guess both cars are making around 1000 fwhp @19 pounds of boost. The LSX is an amazing platform, it's so easy to make big reliable HP!

No trips to the track planned, both cars are set up for the street running on E85. I would guess both cars are making around 1000 fwhp @19 pounds of boost. The LSX is an amazing platform, it's so easy to make big reliable HP!

Based on your previous track times and the 'feeling of your car's power' based on previous recorded time do you have an estimated ET on the 1/4 @ what mph with your lsx combo?

Based on your previous track times and the 'feeling of your car's power' based on previous recorded time do you have an estimated ET on the 1/4 @ what mph with your lsx combo?

I would say the car is in the mid to high 8's running 155 to 160 mph.

Dave, how are the air temp's without intercooler, i sold my intercooler and contemplating whether or not to go with an intercooler..I have a v6 and E85

Dave, how are the air temp's without intercooler, i sold my intercooler and contemplating whether or not to go with an intercooler..I have a v6 and E85

At 19 pounds of boost the inlet temps are 110-120 depending on outside temps. You aren't going to see the cooling effect of the e85 based on manifold temps. My egt's are 100 deg cooler using e85 vs gasoline.

Gotcha im a little worried..Probably not a problem for your setup since your running twins and under 25-30 psi on big less restrictive compressor's.. im running a single turbo with a small compressor and 30 psi on the smaller turbine which im assuming will create alot more heat.. Not sure what i should do.. Not sure if i want to R/D on my car or just get an intercooler. Your egt's are very low, but im also assuming thats not at the end of a 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile?

Good job on the two cars!
Let me ask, are parts really much easier to come by vrs the Stage II stuff?
Do you still have to do alot of custom fab work or is everything more or less bolt on?
Curious about the cost factor as well........
I know with my project, everything seems to be make your own and improvise to make things work which to be honest gets annoying at times!
Mike.

Good job on the two cars!
Let me ask, are parts really much easier to come by vrs the Stage II stuff?
Do you still have to do alot of custom fab work or is everything more or less bolt on?
Curious about the cost factor as well........
I know with my project, everything seems to be make your own and improvise to make things work which to be honest gets annoying at times!
Mike.
Having built many V6 cars over the years street and strip, we still ask ourselves why? Why did we spend so much money and time with the time bomb Buick V6? I guess it takes some longer than others to see the light. LSX parts are available everywhere and they bolt right on!

We were die hard Buick V6 guys until we saw the light!

Thanks!

I have to disagree,
Dave, your build is fantastic. Not only do i really like your setup but it's making killer power. But im not sure how you can say you were a killer die hard V6 guy when you bash it and call it a time bomb. On the quest for power i do see your POV. But there has been v8 performance block's and Dart blocks available since before the LSX platform that were making killer power as well. The point is the V6 buick is where it began for turbocharging a domestic and it was a movement, still is a movement. Yeah i know you might have had some bad motor's built on your coin and absolutely the power/cost ratio out of the LSX is impressive! But i see guys like Manny TSO killing time with his V6. Cruz, JW, Richie, Look at what Bison does on pump and alky! Can't forget ploggi Street driven AC on OD transmission's. Rojas/Echevarria local guy running 5's on a street driven car with AC. I still think the V6 is an absolute masterpiece. You are on a quest for power and a newer platform allow's you to do this easier cheaper and safer. But again you have 2 more cylinder's!! I respect you and your car but these little 6's still ruffle feather's and i think you have lost all respect for it when there wasnt a v8 that would step on the line with these little engine's that could. I love the LSX but im a true 6 guy. I think you should show a little more respect to the 6's especially on a turbo 6 site. Love your 8 i truly do its awesome, i would build them too!! but the 6's also get it done . You have to surround yourself with an engine builder and people you trust and that are good people to get positive outcome's unfortunately it didnt happen for you on the 6. Thanks for you input when i asked you a question, i hope you dont take this post the wrong way. It wasn't meant to start a argument what so ever.

I never said the v6 wouldn't make power, it will just not for long. I'm looking for a streetable 8 second car with overdrive and pump gas, not going to happen with the V6. Been there done that!

Not bashing, just sharing my experience with the V6 over the years.

87chriss how fast have you gone with your v6?

I never said the v6 wouldn't make power, it will just not for long. I'm looking for a streetable 8 second car with overdrive and pump gas, not going to happen with the V6. Been there done that!

Not bashing, just sharing my experience with the V6 over the years.

87chriss how fast have you gone with your v6?

low 7's pump gas alky 22psi street car. I should be high 6 same setup with e85 and trunk with tools. not fast but not a race car.. Had a Turbo rx7 ran 6;5's consistently pump e85 also street car.. my car is full weight and has ac radio all the goodie's.. i cant pass up ac in Miami