.dat file observation plz

vSICKsTURBO

I went to the track today and logged my only 2 runs. Can someone look at these and tell me your thoughts? To me everything looks great. I'm new to the whole TR thing and logging/tuning.

Attachments

• Milan Pass 1.dat
    233.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Milan Run 2.dat
    146.1 KB · Views: 70
The run itself looks good.

But your BLM's are low which means the computer is compensating for a rich condition. You can see that almost all the cells are 118. I've found that is usually caused by a bad MAF, or the chip is not matched to the injectors, or the fuel pressure is way too high. This is not the end of the world, but something is going on there.

Captureq.JPG

Eric

The run itself looks good.

But your BLM's are low which means the computer is compensating for a rich condition. You can see that almost all the cells are 118. I've found that is usually caused by a bad MAF, or the chip is not matched to the injectors, or the fuel pressure is way too high. This is not the end of the world, but something is going on there.

View attachment 262869

Eric
Ive noticed the fuel pressure driving around warmed up is around 24 psi.. I did a key on engine off and that showed like 33(cold). So my thought is the FP is not adjusted correctly .. I just bought this vehicle so I have no inclination of whats good. It seems to run great so im kinda reluctant to adj anything.. but If i need to just let me know your thoughts as I realize I am the student and you are the teacher...

how do I check these anomalies? Should I worry about it? I have no knock with 27#s of boost in WOT. Please Advise what needs to be done..
Thanks for taking the time to help me in this matter.

Ok I did a little bit of investigation and came up with "I had the wrong values". It seems I have the wrong tune in my car.. The BLM should of read like this:

Attachments

• 27lbs.dat
    459 KB · Views: 64
If you are happy with the way the car runs, then you can leave it alone. But something is off, and your fuel pressure is way low. You have some knock in that last log, and a big boost spike.

I would check the part# on the injectors, then give me the info on the chip. It almost seems like they are not matched.

I'm assuming you're running alcohol injection in order to run that much boost.

24# of fp... W/ it that low, the fpr may not be able to be adjusted up to the 42 or so, it needs to be. Check it w/engine running, warm, line off/plugged...
Key on/engine off could be a low read, as the prime cycle is not getting to full psi, before it shuts off.
Suggest as Eric mentioned, find out what's going on, before you join the "BHGC", or worse, the "DOTC" club.:eek:
Beating on a car you know nothing about, is not an "upwardly mobile" move...Just sayin.:smuggrin:

If you are happy with the way the car runs, then you can leave it alone. But something is off, and your fuel pressure is way low. You have some knock in that last log, and a big boost spike.

I would check the part# on the injectors, then give me the info on the chip. It almost seems like they are not matched.

Here is some of whats done to this car. Im sure many of you know this car already as I bought it off a member here that goes by SS502.
Razor Single Nozzle /3 Bar.TA49. 43lb 009's. TT Alky chip. 93 octane. 3"Alum K&N Cold Air Kit. XPT Fuel pump & Hotwire. CXRacing FMIC. Z06 MAF & Translator. Scanmaster 2.2. Powerlogger 3.0. 70MM Throttle body, Acufab plenum, RJC 3" Stainless Exhaust, TH 3" DP, RJC power plate, RJC motor mount. BSTC Boost controller.

I am going to personally verify the part # and the chip info. Would you say that I should start with the first run .dat and tune from there or start with the last 27# tune if the chip is indeed matched?

Ok, looks ok there.

Next thing, take picture of the MAF sensor. Then open the Translator box (the MAF is plugged into that), and check to see what the MAF BASE setting is.

Ok here is what you asked for

I checked my fuel pressure with key on engine off and it was around 34 to 35#s. The digital gauge has a light burned out so I cant see the actual number. But my best guess is what I posted. Here is a pic of regulator?

On the MAF BASE setting, I can't see what number that is. You might be able to make a small tweak to help the BLM, but lets see where its set right now.

Ok here is what you asked for

I checked my fuel pressure with key on engine off and it was around 34 to 35#s. The digital gauge has a light burned out so I cant see the actual number. But my best guess is what I posted. Here is a pic of regulator?
The number closest to the red mode box in the translator is 6 or 9. and the other one is on 1

That's the 85mm MAF, and "6" is the normal setting. But I would set it to "8", which is slightly leaner and should help the BLM's a bit. It will not affect full throttle performance.

So, change the MAF BASE to "8", then reset the ECM by disconnecting the single orange wire by the battery. That wire comes off the positive side of the battery and has a single connector. Resetting the ECM sets all the BLM cells back to 128 so it can start learning again from scratch. Then after a day or so of driving, lets see what the BLM grid looks like.

That's the 85mm MAF, and "6" is the normal setting. But I would set it to "8", which is slightly leaner and should help the BLM's a bit. It will not affect full throttle performance.

So, change the MAF BASE to "8", then reset the ECM by disconnecting the single orange wire by the battery. That wire comes off the positive side of the battery and has a single connector. Resetting the ECM sets all the BLM cells back to 128 so it can start learning again from scratch. Then after a day or so of driving, lets see what the BLM grid looks like.
Very good thank you sir. We have rain the next couple days so the car is garage bound for a while till the sun comes out again. I will Change the setting to 8 then reset the ECM. And report back the new BLM grid.

I wouldn't 100% trust the fuel pressure gauge, when the sender is mounted on the engine like that, in addition to the fuel pulses, can wear out the sender.