Dash swap

Herb Morris

I have a 87 GN with a digital dash. What do I need or can I swap it a analog dash from a 85 T type, but the guy I bought it from said it came from a 85 T type with a 350 V8 ????

I have a 87 GN with a digital dash. What do I need or can I swap it a analog dash from a 85 T type, but the guy I bought it from said it came from a 85 T type with a 350 V8 ????

85 T types didn't come with 350's factory in them, they came with turbo 6's. So as long as it's the OG cluster it should work.

The fuel level sending unit would be different also. I’m sure there is a thread or post about everything you’d have to change. Why do you want to change the instruments?

85 T types didn't come with 350's factory in them, they came with turbo 6's. So as long as it's the OG cluster it should work.

I’ve got no way to look it up; but in 1985; the T-Type option may have only gotten you the sticker and the wheels; it’s just been too long. Regardless; what it came with; and what it has now can easily be two different things.

If you do the swap to analog i would be interested in the digital dash, I would like to have a spare just in case of an issue.

That’s right; a tachometer and boost gauge that you can barely see; and only read correctly when the engine is not running.

Mine reads correct...now....after I replaced it with a Caspers Electronics rebuilt unit....haha.:D :p

I appreciate Casper's work; it's top notch. They even made a custom Knock gauge for me with about a 2 day turnaround.

But; a $30 VDO Boost gauge; and I've got $70 left to put towards a tach I can read.

I also like how the fuel gauge is accurate to the gallon.

morris the brake switch plug is diff. make sure you get the brake switch from the other car, also the map sensor is diff from the analog to digital.
hope this helps.