D.S. boost problem

jamesmac

Does anybody know how direct scan reads or calculates boost?
Every time my buddy takes reading on the street, it all looks good running up to 18 lbs of boost with a Red's 93 chip.
@ the track with the boost turned up to 22 lbs with Reds 106 chip & C-16 the boost readings break up.
Car also missing, retards & popping. Shifts @ 5200 1-2 & 6100 on 2-3 shift on D.S.

O2 is 780-800, EGT @ 1590, TPS @ 3.80
Also, this is a 11.0 / 124MPH car.
Just wondering if the boost reading is another sensor reading giving a bad reading. He also has the boost solonoid hooked up & using a T.H. downpipe.
Thanks. James

To the best of my knowledge with my DS, it does not read or calculate boost.

Has your friend tried turning up the boost on the 93 chip, to see if it is chip related? Has he run the higher boost w/o the DS hardware hooked up?

Way back when I had an issue with my car breaking up with the DS hardware installed, and the problem turned out to be an insufficient ground with the DS ribbon cable. Kent took care of it by sending me another cable that had the ground wire clipped and a length of wire mesh tied in. The mesh goes nearly the length of the cable, and is encased in a plastic (?) sheathing. At the ECM end of the cable, a portion (~3"x3") of the mesh is exposed, which is attached, via duct take, to the outside of the ECM box. As I recall, this minimizes RF interferrence.

6100 on the 2-3 shifts? Yikes! I hope it is just bad data!!