Custom trunk

MDavis

image.jpg
image.jpg
Finally finished my trunk. Just waiting on some emblems and I'm going to fabricate a cover for the trunk lid also.
Not perfect but saved myself a few bucks!

Last edited:
That looks great! How did you do it? What materials did you use? Where did you get the materials? I love custom one off jobs like this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpg
That looks great! How did you do it? What materials did you use? Where did you get the materials? I love custom one off jobs like this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get about 8 sheets of white cardboard. The thin flexible kind. It's easy to shape and if you screw up you can overlay a small price and fill in the gaps. Bought mine from walmart in the school supply section. I thought about this afterwards but you can get cardBoard box material for final mock up. It's stiffer and will fit more life the final board.

Masking tape.

Search YouTube for mock up ideas.

I used 1/8" hard board for the final product. I think that's what it's called. It's dark brown with a smooth face. Somewhat flexible.

I ordered the black speaker box carpet from partsexpress.com $40 gets you 2x the amount of carpet you will need. Grill cloth also.

You may need some peices of wood 1"x2" or cut plywood to size to hold two or more peices together to make a 90 deg shape. Liquid nails and a clamp or a couple screws inserted until dry. I only did this for the speaker cover. The driver side I just glued the carpet to the board and used the carpet as a hinge. The top piece rests on top of the amp board hidden behind.

Everything is cut close to fit well without carpet a little tigger with carpet installed.

Getting a local graphics shop to make GN signs.

Oh and about two cans of spray on adhesive 3m or permatex.

The piece of carpet against the rear was jus cut to fit. I cut holes for the tail light screws trunk latch the applied a adhesive only to the hidden crease/opening just under the trunk seal.

The floor carpet is original. Just power washed it.

The speaker box is from atrend. The smallest sealed box .75 per side 10" woofers. It's right on the hump between the 6x9's.