Custom Spark Plug Wires for Bob Bailey's TR6 Ignition system

jmendlik

I want to have a custom set of plug wires made in black for the TR6 Ignition system.

Does anyone have a set of the "Red" Magnacore wires that Bob sells not installed yet on the car that could do me a favor??

I would like to have all the wires measured boot end to boot end so I can have a black set created knowing these fit the application .

Any help here would be appreciated guy's.....

JM

Last edited:
would you like the lengths?

Shane (BlackGn1) has made wires for the TR6, I'm not sure what colors he is making wires in at the moment.

Bob

Yes Bob... If you have the lengths that would be great. Are they from the red magna cores you carry?

Bob, if you can post the measurements here for all of us to see, that would be great.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

the Magnecors are made to these dimensions.

The coil-end boots that Magnecor makes are about 1/2" lower than the GM or other aftermarket boots. Any of them work, the Mag's give a little more hood clearance.

Bob

Attachments

• wastespark wires 001.pdf
    19.5 KB · Views: 239
I just wish the plug side had spring loaded connector/booths. :(

My eyes may be playing tricks on me. :confused:

1393508234841.jpg
1393508256454.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, my bad. Thanks.
Thought the plug side would have a clip like the coil side.

I am used to seeing the clip on both sides like on MSD connectors. :confused:

Or you can make your own for about $53 a set in any color you like. It would be cheaper if you buy more wire in bulk. You can buy the wire, boots, connectors, and a $50 Accel crimp tool from Summit part #170036. Make sure you get the 90 degree right angle boot/connectors part #46057 ($14.50), spark plug boot/connectors part #46003 ($16.97), and wire of your choice. I selected Taylor 8mm blue wire in a 30 foot roll for $41.97. The boots are black. Total cost is $122.41 but that includes the crimp tool and 8 boots per end (two extra for our purpose). So another set of boots for each end ($14.50 + $16.97) would make enough pieces for two sets of wires from the 30 foot role. Kirban's wires look like the ones made by BWD, where the boot going to the coil pack allows the wire to curve through it. The connector on that wire would not be the 90 degree type, since the wire already curves 90 degrees. Here is a sample video from utube on how to assemble wires

Thanks Rick. Good find!

Like most, I am looking for the most cost effective deals. I had already purchased the tool about 5 years ago to build wires for the HA.
However, in this case I chose to support Bob and his development efforts, and opted to purchase from FTS.

Or you can make your own for about $53 a set in any color you like. It would be cheaper if you buy more wire in bulk. You can buy the wire, boots, connectors, and a $50 Accel crimp tool from Summit part #170036. Make sure you get the 90 degree right angle boot/connectors part #46057 ($14.50), spark plug boot/connectors part #46003 ($16.97), and wire of your choice. I selected Taylor 8mm blue wire in a 30 foot roll for $41.97. The boots are black. Total cost is $122.41 but that includes the crimp tool and 8 boots per end (two extra for our purpose). So another set of boots for each end ($14.50 + $16.97) would make enough pieces for two sets of wires from the 30 foot role. Kirban's wires look like the 7mm ones made by BWD, where the boot going to the coil pack allows the wire to curve through it. The connector on that wire would not be the 90 degree type, since the wire already curves 90 degrees. Here is a sample video from utube on how to assemble wires
Parnell @ Summit screwed up the order. Correct part number for 30 feet of blue wire is 35671. They also sent grey spark plug boots when I requested black. And last, the coil boot with connectors is for a hemi engine coil, not an LS1. The connectors are too large to fit on the LS1 coil. Magnecor sells wire and related parts but are closed right now. Will call them Monday. Will order from Jegs next time.

Last edited: