Custom Rearend Cover

NASSTY

Here is a pic of the Rearend Cover I made.It looks like the one that Kirban sold in the early 90's.Even if it's not the greatest looking,I'ts barely noticeable under the car and has the convienience of having a magnetic drainplug.No more PITA changing rearend fluid.:)

It is a GN emblem I got it off a wrecked 87 I purchased and parted out,actually that's where the rearend cover came from too.I was looking through an old 89-90 Kirbans catalog I saved from way back and got the idea.They sold for $89.95 in 1990.Kind of intetresting looking through the old catalogs now that more and more parts are getting scarce.Also Kirban sold GN dash plaques for $16.95 back then.:eek:Should of bought a couple dozen.:rolleyes:

Hey two nasty buicks, I was wondering if you can make one with a plug on top of the cover as well. I have just changed my fluid a month ago and it was easy, A piece of cake I thought intill I started to put back in the oil. The bottom would not fit and It was just a big big mess. I got to thinking, it the hole was on the cover it would be so easy that a kid can do it. For now I will not change that oil for a long time and i mean long time. It is just to much of a plain to put back the oil. Think about it I know a lot of people will be happy with these.

i have one i like, looks very similar, but has BUICK 6 in it my fave cover, just happend to buy it the day after i put the chrome one on.

Originally posted by gn79
Hey two nasty buicks, I was wondering if you can make one with a plug on top of the cover as well. I have just changed my fluid a month ago and it was easy, A piece of cake I thought intill I started to put back in the oil. The bottom would not fit and It was just a big big mess. I got to thinking, it the hole was on the cover it would be so easy that a kid can do it. For now I will not change that oil for a long time and i mean long time. It is just to much of a plain to put back the oil. Think about it I know a lot of people will be happy with these.
If you fill from the top is it possible to overfill?If you fill it through the hole on the righthand side of the rear you fill it up to the level of the hole.So you could prolly fill from the top with the righthand side plug out and watch the fluid level.

Originally posted by arista5
i have one i like, looks very similar, but has BUICK 6 in it my fave cover, just happend to buy it the day after i put the chrome one on.
I saw a rear cover like you describe made by M&A Castings in my 1993 Kirbans catalog.Those are pretty cool too.Hard to find cool rearend covers these days that are specific to GNs and TRs.