Curious problem wih flex-a-lite fan manual switch install

tpaul

I have an 85 GN with a Flex-a-lite Black Magic 150 electric fan. The problem is, when the internal fan thermostat is at or above turn on temperature my manual power switch will continue to run the engine even after I remove the keys from the ignition. When I turn off the manual switch the engine will then shut off. With the engine off and no key in the ignition, a flip of the manual switch will power everything as if you had moved the key to the run position.

Here's a breakdown of how the fan is wired:
Bat. - Wired to a positive GM distro box that is wired to the battery (Red battery box found on newer cars)... also connected to this box is Casper's F.P. hotwire kit
+ - wired to one of the Ign. taps on the fuse box
Gnd. - Wired to chassis ground
M - Wired to switch in ash try... this switch is then run to a Bat. terminal on the fuse box. Switch is illuminated, so the switch's ground terminal is wired to a bolt on shifter bracket. (This is not a Flex-a-lite Switch!)
C - AC terminal (not wired)

This problem only shows up when the fan's built in thermostat is at or above operating temperature. If the thermostat is not turning the fan on, then everything works as normal.
Any ideas???

It sounds like you have it wired so when the fan switch turns on you are feeding power to the switched ignition terminal on your fuse box and bypassing the ignition switch.