CSII pods

jsta6

John 15:17
For those of you without CSII pods in the door lowers...

Any interest in replica CSII pods? I can make them in any color.

I was thinking of charging $50/pair.

First run would be the 5 1/4 replicas. Working on some 6 1/2's now.

I would need 10 orders (10 pair) to make it interesting.

They would NOT have the CSII badging...

Let me know....

i never researched the concert sound pod deals. do you have to cut holes in the doors/door panels?

in the future i do plan on working on the stereo, but the dash is one of the worset places to put speakers so i'm holding off. i'm trying to keep the car in a state where it can be back to orginal at any time.

you will have to cut your lowers.

If you want to keep it stock, you can get another set of lowers from a N/A Regal or from another g-body...

If you are charging $50.00 a pop for the larger CS II replicas then they will sell like "hot-cakes" :) That would be a cost effective alternative to my custom fiberglass and vinyled pods that I build. Post pics when you get them done! :cool:

Thanks Wiz.

I am not trying to steal your business or anyting.

I asked a buddy of mine to make me some for 6.5's. He said no problem. I said "so what would it be worth to you to make a bunch? He said $50. I hope to have some in about a week.

Originally posted by jsta6
Thanks Wiz.

I am not trying to steal your business or anyting.

I asked a buddy of mine to make me some for 6.5's. He said no problem. I said "so what would it be worth to you to make a bunch? He said $50. I hope to have some in about a week.

I appreciate that!! :) but there is plenty of local business in my area :cool: . I think that those pods that you are offering are a great idea and will do very well because if you can install the same driver in the same area for an affordable price verses one that costs a great deal more then you will have good business (especially in this current economy). Plus it will help retain the stock but slightly modified look of the CS II area. I encourage any member that can offer services or product to the Buick community and there is plenty of room in the car audio department. :)

I recently finished a set of 6.5" pods for 6APPEAL and am very anxious to see how your 6.5" turn out because of the larger driver, I like to compare notes!!! :D

Hello.

Production began today on the CSII pods. I hope to have pictures tonight. These will be pretty close replicas. Here are some prices we are throwing around. I do not want to overcharge or to rip anyone off, but we have to cover production costs. These are hand made by a local car audio shop. Again, this all started becuase I wanted to upgrade my own pods. Let me know what you guys think about these prices. Prices should firm up in about a week.

I think we can get some "CSII" emblems if needed...

Thanks-
====================

OEM style CSII pods for people who already have CSII pods/door panels - $50. This includes just the pods. No core charges. This is for people that have missing/damaged pods.

OEM style single CSII pod (left or right) - $30.

OEM style single speaker holder (goes in door behind pod) - $15.

OEM style 6 1/2" CSII pods for people who have OEM 5 1/4" CSII pods/door panels - $75*. This includes pods, speaker holders, cutting template, mounting hardware (screws, etc) and instructions. *OEM 5 1/4" CSII pods core required.

OEM style 5 1/4" CSII pods for people who have non-CSII pods/door panels - $75. This includes pods, speaker holders, cutting template, mounting hardware (screws, etc) and instructions.

OEM style 6 1/2" CSII pods for people who have non-CSII pods/door panels - $85. This includes pods, speaker holders, cutting template, mounting hardware (screws, etc) and instructions.

Recover your CSII pods - $25 + shipping.

Replacement carpet for door lowers (must be sold for both doors so that colors match 100%) - $30.

Pod fabric can be done in any color.

Are there any needs for people who want speakers also?

doesn't sound too bad. hopefully around april these will still be up for sale.

one question i have is how far from the door panel do these stick out?

Originally posted by jsta6
Pod fabric can be done in any color.

Shawn, here is an idea for your pods. Since the OEM carpeting is some what "sound restrictive", you can offer grill cloth instead of carpeting and that will allow for more sound to come through verses the black carpeting. I have done this service for my previous customers and it did make quite a difference. Just a thought.......:)

And hurry up with those pics!!!!...................:) ;)

Hello.

He had to halt production (these are hand made) becuase of the recent cold snap. I HOPE that he can have some made up today so that I can take some pictures for you guys.

Sorry for the delay...

I am still very interested in the reproduction 5 1/4 CSII pods for cars that did not have them factory. How are these coming along?

Thanks.

Bassically, my friend Erik has his head so far up his a$$ that he has not gotten them done yet.

There are three problems:

1. Erik is a REALLY nice guy. So, he usually does people any favor that they ask of him. Fix my this, fix my that. This keeps him busy doing things.

2. When it is cold and humid out (even in South Florida) the fiberglass doesn't mold right, so he has to wait until it is warm and dry.

3. He wrecked his 85 442 last month. He just got it back together a few days ago.

He has several of them made, but they are not "perfect". It doesn't matter becuase it will be covered with the carpet, but he wants it to be nice.

So, I guess a few more weeks...:mad:

Ironically, I have holes in my doors where the pods should be becuase I am waiting also...:confused:

He John, has Biggs e-mailed you back yet? Let me know what he found for you.