Cruise Control Floors Accelerator

imiss#3

Occasionally, when I set my cruise control, the accelerator goes straight to the floor. Pretty scary. Anyone ever experience and/or solve this issue?

My cruise is a little more aggressive than I'd like. Sometimes on the highway (especially if I have it set, have to brake for someone, and then hit resume) it'll get into the boost pretty good, almost like it's floored. Definately not a good thing when the car suddenly jumps to 17lbs. :eek: During normal driving it's generally pretty good though. If I hit a steeper grade it might get into a couple pounds, which isn't too dangerous, but it definately gets you paying attention. ;)

-Jade

I have a friend that had a 96 Blazer LS that had the same problem. His wife on two occasions had the accelerator pedal go to the floor and this was without the cruise control even being turned on. It was taken to the GM dealer and they could not find anything wrong. A very mysterious and dangerous "gremlin."

But personally, I have never experienced the "run away" accelerator pedal in my TTA.

its very easy to adjust the cable connected to the cruise controll solenoid thing(I'm ASSuming its the same as gn's, and pretty much all other gm vehicles). try making the wire a little longer so it won't pull on it so hard. as long as you don't like crusing at 120 then it shouldn't have any affects on operation.

Mine doesn't like to pull up to speed very quick. if, lets say i'm crusing at 65, hit the brakes go down to 50 and then hit resume it takes forever to get back up to 65. now that i read this i thought about it, and i'll shorten mine.

just look at and you'll see how to do it.

Thanks for the replies.

The issue I'm trying to nail down is very sproadic. In the 30k miles I've put on this car, the Cruise Control has worked perfectly 100's of times. But every once in a while, when I push the set button to cruise at 55mph or so, the freakin' accelerator goes right to the floor. The brake pedal switch and "Cruise Control Off" button cancel the action. It sure is a scary thing to have happen though. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this on the TTA and if there was a root cause identified and fixed.

Thanks again.