crapy parts again!

DeltaBravo

Retired U.S. Army/Navy
I went to replace my heater core and it doesn't fit! To short.

And for the record...the OEM seems much more durable and has a greater surface area which would seem to give of more heat.

The only reason I am thinking of replacing it is because my original radiator was completely clogged...I mean completely...from top to bottom and from side to side...

So, I figured since my engine radiator was clogged that bad, my heater core (radiator) is also in bad shape. Other that getting heat when I turn the heater on, I can't tell if it is working efficiently. Or if it needs to be replaced. Any thoughts are encouraged!

So, now I'm at a conundrum....

Attachments

• IMG_1701.JPG
    IMG_1701.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1702.JPG
    IMG_1702.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 134
Also look at the two close. The aluminum one has a higher fin count which is more restrictive and makes the blower work harder and you get less heat.

I've replaced many of them when customers complain of a lack of heat compared to their original.

Brass OEM style is the only way to go and can also be had on flea bay or amazon sometimes for about 70 bucks.

Also look at the two close. The aluminum one has a higher fin count which is more restrictive and makes the blower work harder and you get less heat.

I've replaced many of them when customers complain of a lack of heat compared to their original.

Brass OEM style is the only way to go and can also be had on flea bay or amazon sometimes for about 70 bucks.

Yea, I had no idea what the OEM look like. But after pulling it out and comparing it to the Spectra unit...Night and day difference. I would much rather use the OEM, even in the unknown state it is in. This is the second part that is completely junk and inferior to OEM. The other part was the radiator. After looking at it and realizing I would need to change some things around to make the OEM oil/trans lines fit...I said, NOPE! and popped on a ALRADCO...best decision I made.

Have yours cleaned if it wasn't leaking unless it's original.

I would buy new if it's the original one.

Last edited:
Have yours cleaned if it wasn't leaking unless it's original.

I would buy new if it's the original one.

thanks!

my only reservation is it says it's for an 85' and 86'....nothing about an 87'. But I would think they would be the same.

Thanks again...good price too.