Cranking Problems

Kid Turbine

Well here is what I have ;) new engine ;) install but will not crank but trys to thought. Engine on 0 TDC on compression stroke with #1 piston all the way up in the cylinder. Dropped camshaft sensor in with the window at about a 10 or 11 o'clock position. The cap was installed turned clockwise until it went 0 volts, turned it counterclockwise to 7.5 volts then back to 0 volts.The sensor was bolted down and fuel pressure is at 43lbs but no go. Car spins and small pops (not loud and not like backfire) like its trying to crank. Then all of a sudden it hits hard cranking like high timing or something. The timing comes from the chip and not the cam sensor if I am correct. The sensor does not have to be set with the window facing a certain or way does it. Crank reluctor ring is going through the crank sensor. :confused: So what in the hell is going on guys please help.:confused:

Well here is what I have ;) new engine ;) install but will not crank but trys to thought. Engine on 0 TDC on compression stroke with #1 piston all the way up in the cylinder. Dropped camshaft sensor in with the window at about a 10 or 11 o'clock position. The cap was installed turned clockwise until it went 0 volts, turned it counterclockwise to 7.5 volts then back to 0 volts.The sensor was bolted down and fuel pressure is at 43lbs but no go. Car spins and small pops (not loud and not like backfire) like its trying to crank. Then all of a sudden it hits hard cranking like high timing or something. The timing comes from the chip and not the cam sensor if I am correct. The sensor does not have to be set with the window facing a certain or way does it. Crank reluctor ring is going through the crank sensor. :confused: So what in the hell is going on guys please help.:confused:

Your not suppose to set the cam sensor at TDC. Your suppose to set it 25*ATDC. :eek:

Cranking problem

can you give more info on how to do this? the tabs only go to 16 or 18 degrees or something like that. so do i get the #1 piston up on compression stroke and then rotate the motor to 25 ATDC and set the cam sensor or something like that.

Put a mark on the damper 1.45" to the left (CCW) of the TDC mark. That is approximately 25*. Bring that mark up to the 0* mark on the timing tab (make sure your on the compression stroke). Then set your cam sensor. Cam Sensor Information

Thanks for the help! Go #1 piston up at 0 degree TDC turned motor to 25 degrees ATDC set the sensor. Then turned the switch and it came alive!!!!! That 212/212 cam sounds mean in a 257 ci motor. Throttle response is amazing! Have to hook up the laptop and check everything.