Cracked my laptop

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
Well I need to adjust some parameters on my TT chip and powerlogger, but with no laptop it is kind of difficult. My solution until I can replace the led screen is to install powerlogger on a PC with a old wireless n card, then install gotomypc and remote into it via my ipad in the garage. That way I just have to power on the tower in teh garage without trying to drag a monitor, keyboard and mouse and all those cables out there into the car. I can keep the tower outside on the garage floor. Logging is out, but at least I can change parameters via powerlogger console and idle it in the garage. Let's see if this will work...

I'm going to race a high 10 sec GTR for some money on Sat at a track rental.

Really........I just got 10" of snow. I can't even spell Power-Logger this time of year. Actually it is a freak snow storm. It's been snowing non-stop since about 4:45 this morning and it's still snowing at 6:45 now. Oh.......to have an issue tuning my car.;)

I got my windows open to the house too, its 76F inside the house and its kinda warm. I might open up a few more to cool off the master bedroom...

I'm looking forward to hitting the track this weekend, maybe even hit the TnT tomorrow.

Wifi won't reach that far across the house diagonally. I found like 12 ft of usb extension cable so I'll have to settle for a full pc station out there on a workbench.

Well I need to adjust some parameters on my TT chip and powerlogger, but with no laptop it is kind of difficult. My solution until I can replace the led screen is to install powerlogger on a PC with a old wireless n card, then install gotomypc and remote into it via my ipad in the garage. That way I just have to power on the tower in teh garage without trying to drag a monitor, keyboard and mouse and all those cables out there into the car. I can keep the tower outside on the garage floor. Logging is out, but at least I can change parameters via powerlogger console and idle it in the garage. Let's see if this will work...

did it work? (range issues aside)

Bob

Yeah it worked, I forgot to install the drivers at first. I also got the wifi to get there too.

Would trying to lock the 9/11 converter at 50 mph cause 14* KR?

Yeah it worked, I forgot to install the drivers at first. I also got the wifi to get there too.

Would trying to lock the 9/11 converter at 50 mph cause 14* KR?

At that low of a speed, there's good chance it can. My lock speed is/was up around mid/high 80mph range.

I'm going to turn WOT locking off to see if it goes back to normal no KR all else being equal.

get a power inverter and put the computer tower in the back seat with the monitor in the front seat.. it isn't elegant, but it would allow you to do things in real time..

get a power inverter and put the computer tower in the back seat with the monitor in the front seat.. it isn't elegant, but it would allow you to do things in real time..

I've done that before, but because of the dirty power it drove TurboLinkv.4.0 crazy with bizarre readings on the serial Tlink because of the grounding of the chassis. I had a 17 inch CRT in the front seat1. I don't know what it would do with powerlogger to interfere over USB.

I've done that before, but because of the dirty power it drove TurboLinkv.4.0 crazy with bizarre readings on the serial Tlink because of the grounding of the chassis. I had a 17 inch CRT in the front seat1. I don't know what it would do with powerlogger to interfere over USB.

potentially break stuff......

B

I wish they could/would make a version to run on the ipad, that would be killer

I wish they could/would make a version to run on the ipad, that would be killer

"they" means me......

That would be a REAL uphill battle. But I have considered making it talk to Android apps. I am not set up to write apps for Android though......

Bob

"they" means me......

That would be a REAL uphill battle. But I have considered making it talk to Android apps. I am not set up to write apps for Android though......

Bob
Yeah I know it you who are the MAN. I did not want to point fingers, please please please make it for ipad or android even.

Would be cool if powerlogger could broadcast over bluetooth/wifi so we didn't have to use usb to connect our iPads... I'm a C# developer that has dabbled in iOS development on my iMac if I could help.