Couple TSM questions..

turbocliff

I Slang in my white T
The latest TSM rules I can find are actually from 07 I believe, and just want to make sure that I understand the current rules before I begin modifying my car for BG.

1) Are fiberglass deck lids allowed?

2) Aftermarket fuel rails allowed? (stock location)

3) Must have muffler, but can exhaust under car before rear? (any size requirements on the muffler itself or location?)

4) Tubular front a-arms allowed?

5) No air filter required?

I may have more as I go through my combo... assistance in answering these questions is greatly appreciated.

Cliff

Thank you for posting that link.

However, according to those rules, I do not see tubular a-arms being allowed, which another thread about rule changes for 08 indicates has been accepted.

Also, those 08 rules indicate factory stock appearing fuel rails only as well. Which it looked like aftermarket fuel rails were voted into acceptance for the 07 season (I found in a TSM rule change thread), but not added into the rules?

My other questions have been answered though, appreciate it! :cool:

Sorry, but one more... that link to the 08 rules says (***109 block ONLY).

I assume a production hot air 84/85 block is acceptable also? :eek:

I am a glutton for punishment.

1) Are fiberglass deck lids allowed? HOODS YES, DECK LIDS, NO

2) Aftermarket fuel rails allowed? (stock location) YES

3) Must have muffler, but can exhaust under car before rear? (any size requirements on the muffler itself or location?) Any single or dual exhaust system allowed. Must muffle and exit in stock location. * Must run through mufflers in competition, 3.5" max size.

4) Tubular front a-arms allowed? YES

5) No air filter required? NO AIR FILTER REQUIRED

HTH

Likewise Kevin. Have the calender marked for BG, and working on getting registered for TSM and BG.

I probably wont get in BG until thursday night or friday morning the way my work schedule is, but I will try to have 5 days worth of fun in the two days I am there - haha.

TSM Class

Too bad fiberglass doors are not allowed. I bought my car and the doors were beyond repairs. So that is why I bought the fiberglass doors I have. If the car makes weight, it should not matter. I don't write rules though. Maybe they will let me in the race anyway.

Hey Tony, if car count is low usually they will allow you to race but i think the racers vote.

The glass doors would be difficult to simply notice if installed nicely... lexan windows on the other hand...thats pretty obvious.

I have never raced TSM before, but would hope that they may be a little lax about glass doors so long as the car made weight... feel the same way about the glass deck lid.. but am not going to take any chances. I am going to keep the stock lid on.

Went and worked on the car a while today... gettin it ready for bars to go in.. and pulling the motor to make room for a new pill. :cool:

Fiberglass doors, deck lids and lexan glass will get you DQ'd from a H/U class at BG faster than sh|t through a goose.