Cost to ship pair of tires?

tlturbo

Tag - WUTSA V8
Has anyone ever shipped a pair of tires and have an idea what the cost was? I need to figure out how much I would pay to get a set of 275 60 15 M/T's sent from Michigan to FL.

Any ideas appreciated.

When I get a pair of tires that size from the big companies it's usually UPS ground with two tires strapped to each other with plastic straps and wrapped in plastic.

You could probably hand wrap them with a plastic roller dispenser 6" wide should work.

Cost from what you described should be around $40-45.

thanks Salvage. Tires were a good deal but that shipping puts them at almost the same price as ordering on the internet. I hate it when all the tire places ask the same price. Evidently Mickey Thompson has told everyone what price to sell their tires at. I sure wish people would realize that this economy sucks but they keep raising prices. At least a lot of restaurants here in S FL have closed because people finally decided enough was enough. Would you believe last weekend I was in a retaurant that had 1/2 doz oysters listed for $19?

Had a set of 4 shipped to me from tirerack.com last week. $107 for shipping, took 10 hrs. to be delivered:eek: