Corvette suspension on G-body

BOOSTEDGNs

Anyone every get this done? I see brake conversions 12" 13" but what about the vette suspension? I have an 89 vette and all I can say is I like the canyon carver feeling that comes with it... plus I have porshe big reds brakes to anchor me down into the corners

Alan;)

Yep,well for the most part. My company sells a package called G-5. It uses new C-5/C-6 forged aluminum steering knuckles and brakes along with adj. tubular upper control arms and custom CNC machined 7075 T-6 steering arms. The remainder of the front suspension remains stock or aftermarket G body. The overall geometry is based on C-5 Corvette and believe me the difference is remarkable! You can see more about it at www.SCandC.com (which is down temporarily for some updates but it should be back up very soon!). With the proper springs,shocks,tires etc. our `87 Cutlass test car comes amazingly close to the handling of our `99 C-5. :) Marcus SC&C

I would like to see some pics of the set-ups available for '86-'87 G-bodies, especially the one for $ 689.?

pics

Just click on the link to the website. :cool: The Stg.2 looks just like the Stg.1 except for the addition of tall lower ball joints. Marcus www.SCandC.com

Any idea of when the stage III street-comp will be available, the differences between the stageII and the stage III, and what will be the cost of the stage III?
Could you e-mail me some closer, clearer pics of the stage II components, please. What is the average durometer readings of the standard bushings as compared to the high-durometer bushings. Is the G-5 brake and suspension package the same as the stage II, excluding the brake set-up?
Any info or pics on the brake set-up
Any machining or additional parts required to use the G-5 on the GM G body? '87 Buick Turbo Regal?

Street Comp Stg.3 is actually rear suspension for G bodys. It`s a fully adjustable 3 link with panhard bar sysytem similar to what`s used in the SCCA TranAm series. It uses the factory lower control arms with a single upper link (adjustable for pinion angle and antisquat) and height adjustable panhard bar and all the necessary bracketry. It`s what I would call a simple weld in package. We`ve been testing it for about 9 months now. Because we`re able to lower the super high factory rear roll center as much as 9" we`re working on the optimum rear spring and sway bar rates. A 4th gen Z-28 style adj. rear swaybar that`s decoupled from the lower control arms will likely be a part of the kit as well as being offered by itself. The standard greasable bushings are steel. Don`t let that scare you,while they may or may not last as long as rubber we`ve got 25K miles on some of ours with no signs of wear yet. There`s no perceptible increase in noise or vibration and they`re immune to the heat that can cook the bushing out on GNs. They`re really quick and inexpensive to rebuild too (no realignment necessary). The high durometer rubber are about the same hardness as 1LE GM bushings.
G-5 is a whole different animal than the Stg.2. It actually starts off with a new set of C-5/C-6 forged aluminum steering knuckles. They`re CNC machined to work with our CNC 7075 T-6 aluminum steering arms. PPR adj. tubular upper control arms and machined aluminum UBJ taper housings round out the custom parts. The wheel bearing/hub assys.,brakes and hardware are all factory ( or aftermarket such as Baer if you prefer) C-6/C-6 parts. 13" rotor/dual piston PBR aluminum calipers are standard. The package was engineered to not only improve the camber curves and roll center height (where it`s a small improvement even over Stg.2) but to correct the steerings bumpsteer and ackerman angles as well as speeding up the steering ratio for better responsiveness. It also drops the car 2.5" and saves 14lbs. over the smaller factory hardware. :) It`s a direct bolt on package and requires no machining,welding etc. It can easily be done in an afternoon. It uses the original LCAs,LBJs,tie rod ends and even brake hoses. Combined with the proper springs,shocks,a larger rear swaybar and some good wheels and tires (17" or larger are required to clear the huge brakes) this package is quite simply the ultimate G body front suspension. Customers have compared it to making their older G bodys drive like an `02 Z-28 SS or WS6 TA....but with better brakes. We`re VERY proud of this one and not only will it fit a turbo Regal but most of the packages we`ve sold have been installed on Turbo T Types and GNs. Send me an e-mail at the shop and I`ll gladdly send you some more pics. Thanks! Marcus

Hey Mark its Jake again. Does the G5 change the track width of the car at all?

Hey Jake,sorry I didn`t see this post until now. Not really,it widens it just under a 1/4" (the thickness of the C-5 rotor hat). If you say,already had a set of 17" wheels that fit the car well,they`ll still fit with the G-5. Provided they don`t have more than 4.5" BS that is. Marcus

Does anyone use this kit on their GN? How does it drive/feel.
Mike
86 GN

Does anyone use this kit on their GN? How does it drive/feel.
Mike
86 GN

I pieced together the equivalent of the Stage 1 about four years ago. The difference was night and day. Everything is sharpened up. When you turn the wheel, the car follows immediately.

I've been waiting on the Stage 3 kit for the rear to come out for nearly four years, maybe Marcus will see this at some point and chime in with an update.

I pieced together the equivalent of the Stage 1 about four years ago. The difference was night and day. Everything is sharpened up. When you turn the wheel, the car follows immediately.

I've been waiting on the Stage 3 kit for the rear to come out for nearly four years, maybe Marcus will see this at some point and chime in with an update.

UPdated website would be nice also