Core support interchange?

HI85WH1

Shhh... I've got a Secret
Kind of an FYI for those looking at core supports...

Thru experience, I learned that the Regal Core support is not the same as the MCSS... anyone else with more information?.

Regal, cutless, monte carlo, have the same support... The aluminum supports are the same also, but you might have to drill a hole where it needs one..

I'm gonna stick my neck out here...

We (freinds) just tried to swap a core support from a MCSS into a GN, and it did not fit.

a couple of differences were noted:
1) The height from the top to the area where the inner fender mounts to the support varies by 1/2" (Regal was 10.5", MCSS was 11")
2) Headlight openings in the core support varied greatly between the two units.
3)Side mounting hole from the core support to the inner fende did not line up.

I dont doubt that the regal/cutlass Core supports interchange, but the MCSS ones do not... and I assume MCs as well also

You are correct. The MC support will not work on a Regal coupe. It will work on the Regal sedan and wagons though.

Thanks Tfish...\

So the MCSS support is the same as the sedan and wagon, and the rest of the coupes all interchange?...

The true question being the actual number of different part numbers and applications...

Anyone know or have access to a Hollander of Mitchell interchange manual?

TIA... Rob

So the 84 -87 2dr regal has a different support that no other G-body support will fit ?...Is it because its not a complete drop in that the others won't work , or will it work with minor modifications ? If its that special , I'll start stocking up on them since they will be gold soon, just like the aluminum radiator supports that somehow will fit a 2dr regal, malibu, and monte carlo with some modifying...This is an important thread if all is correct....

GDNF2ET said:
So the 84 -87 2dr regal has a different support that no other G-body support will fit ?...Is it because its not a complete drop in that the others won't work , or will it work with minor modifications ? If its that special , I'll start stocking up on them since they will be gold soon, just like the aluminum radiator supports that somehow will fit a 2dr regal, malibu, and monte carlo with some modifying...This is an important thread if all is correct....
`

Should be 81-87... but dont quote me on that... I'm gonna stock up on the rest of the G-bodies as I come across them... now that I know they differ

What we found was the Regal Core support was shorter by about 1/2 inch