Cops are setting up road blocks for no front plates

W

Wilson

Well, its been a fun two years without a darn front plate. :eek: But since the cops are setting up road blocks for plate check mine is gonna go back on tonite. :(

Check out this thread at speedhawaii:
SpeedHawaii Thread

Thanks for the heads up:cool: wilson BTW, its an equipment violation for the plate vs. a moving violation for speeding.

I haven't had a front plate on my truck now for 9+ years! :eek: :D I guess IT IS against the law to have no front plates?!?

Just FYI.

I've been told that a license plate on your dashboard meets the requirements. Hope that's still true since my trucks front bumper is too "bus'up" to mount one.

Aloha,

Front plate info

Guys,
Hawaii law requires both license plates to be mounted on the vehicle, and securely fastened, this means not on the dashboard, although some stations will pass it this way, it should not. See #4, below... I don't want this to turn into a flaming match so this is it in black and white. Now unless your vehicle has out of state plates from a state that only one plate is required, you are SOL, and the "it came this way from the factory" excuse doesn't work. All passesger-carrying motor vehicles(except motorcycles,mopeds and motor-scooters) have a provision for mounting the front plate, or at least there is an optional bracket available from the dealer...

19-133.2-27 Inspection of vehicle registration, license plate, vehicle identification number, and proof of insurance.

a)The vehicle license number and vehicle identification number (VIN) shall be inspected for agreement with the corresponding numbers shown on the current year's valid registration certificate and the no-fault insurance identification card or proof of insurance card. License plates shall be inspected for condition, legibility, proper location and security of mounting.
b)No certificate of inspection shall be issued if any of the following occurs:
1. There is no proof of a current registration certificate or the vehicle insurance card is not available;
2. The vehicle description or the VIN is not in agreement with the registration certificate and vehicle insurance card;
3. License plate numbers or validation sticker numbers are not in agreement with the registration certificate;
4. Any license plate is missing, loosely or improperly mounted, not legible, or obscured from visibility.
[Eff JUL 31 1989] (Auth: HRS 286-18, 26) (Imp: HRS 286-16, 26)

BTW Geoff, where do you go for your safety check?

Thats ok guys, check out speedhawaii, under the same heading and the name BadBlackBuick- they think I'm a cop? now thats funny!