Copper gate gasket!

buickGN3:16

Ok my turbo exhaust side housing outlet is 2.5" but my downpipe hole is 3", my turbo puck hole is 15/16" & my downpipe puck hole is 1-3/16".. What kinda problems does this cause? The turbo is a Precision cce-44.. i want to find a copper gasket for this connection but the SCE gate gasket measures 2.5" pipe hole & 1" puck hole.. The rest of the gasket will block the 3" opening in my downpipe, what should i do? No gasket & use red rvt gasket maker to seal it?

Not exactly sure what your question is but do you need one of these?

image(1).jpg

Large hole is about 2 11/16" and smaller hole is about 7/8". You can enlarge them to fit your specific needs.

1/8" thick 304 Stainless Steel.

It's an RJC Block-Off Plate that I never used because I have a stock elbow and it only works with downpipes. I didn't know that when I ordered it...The only thing I did to it was machine the 7/8" hole for the wastegate. Other than that its a brand new piece. Here's the link. Model # RJC-DPBOP http://rjcracing.com/product/exhaust-systems-2/flanges-weld-bungs/

Correct. It's not meant to be used as a gasket. It's more for if your wastegate hole is too big for your puck to obtain a better seal. Not sure if this is your problem ..

Most don't use a gasket there. Why do you feel you need one?

Ok my turbo exhaust side housing outlet is 2.5" but my downpipe hole is 3", my turbo puck hole is 15/16" & my downpipe puck hole is 1-3/16".. What kinda problems does this cause? The turbo is a Precision cce-44.. i want to find a copper gasket for this connection but the SCE gate gasket measures 2.5" pipe hole & 1" puck hole.. The rest of the gasket will block the 3" opening in my downpipe, what should i do? No gasket & use red rvt gasket maker to seal it?

If I read this correctly I don't think you have any issue with the gasket, the holes in the gasket should be the same or slightly larger than the holes in the turbo's exhaust housing. The exhaust gases are released out of the turbos exhaust housing into the DP, so the holes in your DP being larger than the turbo exhaust holes will cause no blockage. Hope this helps, Kyle.

well the gasket that came with the downpipe fell to pieces the 1st time i had to pull the downpipe off. most say use red rvt gasket stuff between there but i just think thats gonna leak or not hold very long & i aint trying to pull this crap apart again aftr i get it sealed this time so i was thinkn a reusable copper gasket!

well the gasket that came with the downpipe fell to pieces the 1st time i had to pull the downpipe off. most say use red rvt gasket stuff between there but i just think thats gonna leak or not hold very long & i aint trying to pull this crap apart again aftr i get it sealed this time so i was thinkn a reusable copper gasket!
I used red RVT on one side of my copper gasket, DP side, and bolted it up with no issues. This way DP can be removed easily in the future.

Yeah thats what i wanna do, thanks ikle
No problem, you could also go with a remflex gasket that Mark Hoffmen sells he is a vendor here. Its a thicker gasket that compresses more than a copper gasket could to fill voids in the mating surfaces, but if your mating surfaces are true then the copper gasket will work just fine.