Coolant system pressurized for 2 weeks..

Breze84

LORDVDR
Want to get some opinions and see what you guys think. Drove my 87 GN for the 1st time this season 2 weeks ago to a car show. Got home and noticed a little coolant on the passenger inside overflow under the battery. "using Factory coolant tank for alky"... looked car over a little bit checked fluids everything looked good, coolant might have been a little low in rad but that's it. Parked car and haven't messed with it since. Was checking it out tonight and just feeling around by the overflow tank to see if the cap is loose or anything like that and I decide to remove the radiator cap and about a half gallon blasted me in the face. I'm baffled by why it was still pressurized this long. Coolant looks good oil checked out not mixing. Idk, if it were a head gasket issue I would think the pressure would reverse back where it came from not Hold it. doesn't make any sense. I'm also running in aluminum radiator with a dual fan setup in my temps are consistent 165-170. I'm baffled

^^^ What Rick said.
Check the cap for correct operating pressure.
Are you using the small overflow that comes in the Alky Control kit?

Maybe you need a new radiator cap?
Yea I did a pressure test on the radiator to see if any combustion gasses were getting into the system just to rule out a headgasket. I ended up going from a 1.3 bar cap to a 1.1 and so far so good so we will see what happens...

If its not a compression leak into the cooling system then possible bacteria growth in the cooling system but not typical if glycol or a wetting agent is added. Air is compressible and liquid is not thats why the pressure remains.