Coolant leak

b4black

Went to the store, came out and there's a puddle of coolant under my '83 TR. :( Couldn't tell exactly where is was coming from, but the radiator was still nearly full, so I drove the short ride home, to check it out further. It definately was my car and about two liters lost.

I refilled it and it hasn't leaked since. :confused: Not sure if this is a sign of the water pump on it's way out??? I threw a couple of gallons of water in the trunk and I hope it doesn't strand me somewhere. I know it didn't fix itself. :p

Don't forget to check your reserve tank, it could have a hole in it or the heater hoses. Didn't you just change the termostat? check it and the bypass hose coming off of it, it runs right beside the water pump. If it leaks it would look like the pump was bad and leaking. :( Hope it's something small
Jim

Man I have alot of "it's" in here. Well it has been a long night time to go to bed :D

OK, it would drip once in a while, but nothing big. Finally it dripped a lot one day so I could tell where it was coming from. It was the water pump, leaking internally and dripping from the lower weep hole.

I installed the new pump yesterday. Take the fan off, the shourd out and there it is. One of the easier Buick V6 repairs. :)

I have some air lifts ordered for the rear srings and hopefully will be at the track this weekend (with all four barrels!) :D

Glad to hear that it was something easy. I pulled mine in the garage last night to try to find my vac leak, darn thing is driving me nuts.