Coolant leak from somewhere....

I pressure tested the radiator today.....would only get to about 10psi and than start losing pressure. The coolant was leaking from the both of the hoses coming from the heater core on the firewall. I have the hose and heater check valve on order should be here any day, also I took the thermostat housing off and cleaned it up and have it ready to go back on when the permatex comes in with the rest of the stuff. I have a question right now there is a 180° thermostat in there, I was thinking should go with the 160° ? While I have it all apart.

Are there pre bent hoses for the replacements or do I just cut to fit the 5/8 hose I ordered. One of the coolant hoses that is coming out of the heater core pipe has a big bend.I just don't know if the pipe I ordered will get a kink in it......we will wait and see what happens.

Do you guys run a gasket only or permatex or both on the thermostat housing? I have a 180 fan switch setup for the electric fans, if I switch the thermostat should I switch out the temp switch to 160 as well?

Thank you for all tour help guys.

If you have Erics chip in your car just throw a 160 thermostat in it and call it a day.