Cool things to do in Daytona Beach, FL?

J Banning

Quench my thirst with C16
I'm going to be in the Daytona Beach, FL area for Thanksgiving (2 weeks) and am looking for any cool things to do or see while I'm there. I will be bringing my Buick with me.

I like cars (obviously), motorcycles, guns, power tools, heavy equipment, and alcohol (damn, I'm starting to scare myself! :) )

Any suggestions for sights within an hour drive or so? Or even anything close to 95 along my route?

P.S. This is related to my " Cool things to do in Raleigh, NC? " post.

Thanks,
-Banning.

There is the Kennedey Space Center, A public fishing pier in Titusville, And there used to be a killer resteraunt " Dixie Crossroads" in titusvlle also, though I don't know if it is still there. Always something to do near daytona man, just talk to the locals to see what is going on. Also the is a dragstrip nearby I think it was called "Bithlo" but I can't quite remember.

There is a cool car museum just off the interstate near the Raceway. Just across from the raceway there is a amusement joint that has go carts, and "Thunder Alley" dragsters. The dragsters are SBC's burning propane.

They ROCK!!!!

a little expensive, but hold on tight!

BT:)

I believe the Turkey Run is held on Thanksgiving. It's a big swap meet / car show at the speedway.

Thanks guys. I go down there every year to visit family, and check out the Rob Run at the speedway. This year I'm bringing the Buick with me to have some fun with.

I've been to the Space Center, the Speedway, and the Gartlits Drag Racing Museum (awesome!). Just looking for some new things to check out this time. Thanks for the input.

I will be...

..at the Turkey Rod Run, probably on Saturday, and maybe Friday also. If want to meet up and hang out, let me know.(PM or Email me) I have a few friends that are going up, looking for some races that weekend, so it could be a fun weekend..

I have done bike week several times, so adjust my enthusiasm accordingly.
About 20 muntes north on A1A is a really cool restaurant on the water called High Tide at Snack Jack - a must do;
the Iron Horse bar and saloon is a must do during bike events, but I suspect it will be much less than impressive during non-biker times of the year;
Boot Hill Saloon on Main Street is really cool, Froggy's on Main Street; Dirty Harry's on Main Street; the NASCAR diner on the corner of Main and A1A is pretty cool - they usually have really cool video's of NASCAR wrecks running on video monitors.
45 minutes to an hour south of Daytona is a place called JB's Fish Camp - really cool, a must do;
go south on A1A to Ponce Inlet and at the south end of the inlet is another bar restaurant - a must do.
Of course, all the things I mention are no good in cold or bad weather, except Main Street.
There is a Japanese Steak House across the street and a block down from a strip joint. The steak house is pretty good, the strip joint is so-so. On that same street is a decent restaurant bar, the kind where you toss your empty peanut shells on the floor, can't remember the name...
Hope this helps.

Tuesday nights @ Ruby Tuesday is full of crothch rockets then they go about 1 mile away and do wheelies, endos, burnouts etc. Thursday nights about 10 p.m. @ home depot lots of street racers gather. Both palces are on International Speedway. Also there is a car show across from the turkey rod in the lot of Daytona Beach Comm. Col. that has no year limit like the TRR does.

Vector,

I think that restaraunt you are thinking of at Ponce Inlet is called Down the Hatch.

The Central Florida GN & TType club will be at the Turkey Fest car show for 1984 and up cars just a few blocks from the speedway in the Daytona Community College parking lots on Saturday the 29th. That show runs until about 3pm.

We will also be doing some cruising that night, starting out in front of the Speedway around 7pm then heading up to A1A. A great weekend for car enthusiasts and TR fans.

Come on out, last year we had 3 WH-1's, several GN's and T's